Monday, October 15, 2007

What day is it anyway?

Where in the world has this month gone??? To be honest, I can't even tell you. First of all, I spent two weeks in Boston picking up Elder Lifferth. We arrived home on a Tuesday. Thursday, Friday and Saturday night were spent celebrating Kate's (Jeff's sister's) wedding. THEN, Angel (our friend from Mexico) arrived on Saturday afternoon, September 29th. (Yep, we had a overbook: Kate's wedding and Angel's visit - but it all worked out.) Then, for the next two weeks, we entertained and enjoyed a visit from our Mexican friend, who, by the way, doesn't speak any English. I will have to say that my Spanish has improved quite a bit. As long as I had my trusty dictionary, I could say anything. Whether or not he understood was NOT my problem! :-) I think we did pretty well. Jeff, of course, had "no vacation" days left - which meant I was doing all the entertaining with three small children. Angel never complained but I am sure he got sick of us. He left on Saturday, October 13th. BUT I wasn't finished yet! Daren and Ryan's Farewell/Homecoming was on Sunday. They both gave impressive talks on the Atonement. We had a large family gathering after the meetings. Basically, I am saying that I am EXHAUSTED. Purely worn out. And that would explain why I haven't done any blogging.
Kate and her dad during their dance.
We took Angel to the Utah Olympic Park. I think we enjoyed it far more than he did.
One of his favorite things was to view the changing colors. He was in awe at Utah's beauty. But who wouldn't be? It's gorgeous!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

It looks like you had a good time. We haven't even been to the Olympic Park yet-makes me want to go!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Wow! It sounds like you have been busy and I bet you are worn out. Hopefully you can take it easy for a couple of days? I'm sorry that I missed the homecoming/farewell. I heard that the talks were wonderful. My dad said that his book was quoted and I'm pretty sure that it made his day! Anyway, go take a nap-you deserve it.

Gretch said...

That is great that you are keeping in touch with your friends from Mexico.

Wow, you have had a busy/awesome month. Hopefully life will slow down soon.