Friday, October 19, 2007
Last the Best of All the Game!
Whenever Jake comes home from school, I always ask him how his day went. He always replies, "pretty good!" But Tuesday, I got a different answer: "Not very good." Then the tears started to flow. He crawled up on my lap as he started to sob. I asked him what happened to make his day so terrible. Between sobs, he starts to tell me a story: his teacher started to hand out school pictures to take home. Jake waited and waited. Finally, she called his name. Then Jake says. "MOM!!! MY NAME WAS THE LAST ONE SHE CALLED!!!" Well, Jakey, I am afraid that will be the story of your life! W usually is towards the last of the alphabet! But - "last the best of all the game!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Poor Jake! Give him a hug from his Uncle Zach. That's got to be tough on a 5 year old. I am glad you pointed out to him that EVERYONE always saves the best for last.
I totally feel for you kid! I was a "W" my whole life! I wanted to "Marry up"...but just ended at "P". I guess that is before "W" so I guess I married up a little.
What a sweet boy! I was expecting something a little more dramatic, but it is tough to be a kid.
Oh, that's so sad-poor guy. Kids can be pretty sensitive sometimes. Well, at least Wright comes before Wrong-that's gotta count for something :).
Break my heart! Poor Jake being a "W" must be tough. Did you ask if he wanted to take on Lifferth? How would Jeff feel about that? :-)
Love this picture of Jake!
poor Jake! It is never fun to be last-but tell him that he is the oldest child and so he will always keep the 1st spot somewhere!
Post a Comment