This is Jakey enjoying his cotton candy on Saturday night. Hope he enjoyed it, cause that's the last of that sweet snack!
Now, I come from a linage of extrodinary teeth. Most of my family members have minimal problems. Naturally, Jeff does. In fact, his teeth is sporting a few thousand dollars - most of which I have paid. I would assume my children follow this high-quality teeth quality from me.
NOT SO.
I was first - Dr. N (our longtime dentist) comented on my teeth. They looked great! I had obviously been flossing. :-)

Then Juliana. Great! No problems.

And then Jake.
Dr. N starts looking around in his mouth. Oh darn, he has a cavity. Because we had been there a long time, I headed up to the front desk to make his appointment. My Mom (who now works for Dr. N) runs back to get his chart and proceeds to schedule Jake for FOUR appointments.
"Oh, that's not necessary. He only has one cavity!"
No. I am informed (quite smugly from my mother, btw) Jake doesn't have one cavity.
HE HAS EIGHT!!!!!!!!
WHAT??????? EIGHT CAVITIES???

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? I can understand if the kid didn't brush. But we do! And we floss, don't drink juice ( I mentioned all this.) So, I curse the family name that I now hold and try to understand how this is all possible. I have been ensured that his disastrous cavity amount is all genetic. (Of course.)
Meanwhile, Jake can't play after school, he has to brush his teeth!

9 comments:
You sounds just like us - I have the perfect teeth, and Brian literally has the million dollar smile :) I really hope and pray our kids take after me in that respect...time will tell.
Oh man...that stinks. Poor kid. And he didn't even get a DA&% light-up sword!
Man that sucks! At least he didn't have to get any teeth pulled like Landon.
Hmm, I'm thinking it's the Lifferths that have the good teeth and the spouses do not! That is sad that he has to get 8 cavities fixed! Just one is painful enough-no wonder it is spread out over 4 visits!!
Serious suckage! That is too bad. I know the dentist (and Aunt Paula) know better than I, but it almost seems better to get it all over at once. I can only imagine the fight you're going to have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time you have to get him to the dentist because after the 1st time he will know what is in store for him. Poor guy. Poor you. Poor dentist. Sad!
Your circus story made me laugh out loud. It is sad that you were sick the whole time, but it's a classic story. Hope you are feeling better.
That is horrible! Poor kid. Maybe he has been swapping kids at school for the goods-sweets and sugared drinks. Good luck at the at the dentist-that is no fun for sure!
Well, mabye this is good news for Jake. If it's genetics, he might as well eat the candy and drink pop because either way it looks like he will end up with a cavity. Okay, totally kidding. Have fun at the dentist. Ask your mom to give you the family discount!
Let me send you a business card....we need patients like your son:)
Of course the teeth problems in NO WAY could come from anyone but Jeff, huh?! Jeff, I still like you, and your teeth too!
Post a Comment