At one point, Jake said, "I am just going to fall when I need to stop." But that's learning to fall - not ski! We had a wonderful time together. It was so much fun teaching him something that I am passionate about then seeing him get excited about it. We weren't there nearly long enough. He was starting to catch on when they closed the rope tow. A few more times on the rope tow, and we might just have it. But then I have to think of ways to actually pay for this fun sport! (Cring!)
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Jake's first ski day!
I was so excited to get Jake up on skis! I decided to to take him up to Sundance to learn to ski. We went with some neighbors. We were going to pay for lift tickets, but they ended up just using the tow rope (FREE!) which was much better . (FREE!!)
At one point, Jake said, "I am just going to fall when I need to stop." But that's learning to fall - not ski! We had a wonderful time together. It was so much fun teaching him something that I am passionate about then seeing him get excited about it. We weren't there nearly long enough. He was starting to catch on when they closed the rope tow. A few more times on the rope tow, and we might just have it. But then I have to think of ways to actually pay for this fun sport! (Cring!)


At one point, Jake said, "I am just going to fall when I need to stop." But that's learning to fall - not ski! We had a wonderful time together. It was so much fun teaching him something that I am passionate about then seeing him get excited about it. We weren't there nearly long enough. He was starting to catch on when they closed the rope tow. A few more times on the rope tow, and we might just have it. But then I have to think of ways to actually pay for this fun sport! (Cring!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Jake! What a huge milestone in your life and his. Glad you had a great time and that it was FREE!
Post a Comment