I tried to think of something wild and crazy (within reason) for us to do on this extra day. Something no one in our family had done yet. Of course, I didn't think about it until it was 11 pm on February 28th - so I needed something fast, fun and memorable. It hit me:
YEP!! We were going to eat ice cream for EVERY MEAL!!!
(with that comment, Jake said, "shouldn't we eat something nutritious??...made my heart swell. He HAS learned something from me!) So all logic aside, we ate ice cream all day!! We had pancakes with ice cream for breakfast, ice cream sandwiches for lunch and ice cream for dinner. I am not going to lie - it was a little hard to break out and do something extraordinary. But I am so glad I did!! The kids are still talking about it!
5 comments:
My favorite part was when you asked them, "What do you say?" And Ya Ya said, "Thank you!"
Awesome idea! I am going to have to remember that in 4 years!
I agree with Zach. What Ya Ya said was pretty funny. I love how she is licking the plate and there is a few slices of apples on the plate. Way to go on keeping it healthy.
GREAT idea! Our day was so normal and mundane. But you have inspired me, and now I can't wait for the next leap day so we can do something wild and crazy! You are such a cool mom:)
That is AWESOME! What a great idea and what a fabulous Mom you are. I bet Jake was raving about it at school. I only wish I would have known about this earlier so I could have copied the great idea! Love it!
Post a Comment