ORGANIZATION WEEK 2008! Well, we have begun folks! Remember, this is my new years resolution. I actually was able to enlist hubby. We started this daunting task Saturday morning at Ikea after a cheap and tasty meal. Hubby checked boy into the day care and we walked around the idea floor - writing, analyzing and debating. I had come with a catalog, highlighted and everything. Let's just put it this way: I did not buy anything I originally planned on! Everything wasn' the right size, height, etc.
I was getting a little frusterated....And then we SAW IT!!! 38 semi-adjustable compartments of organizational heaven! A pull out drawer that can hold EVERYTHING!!! Take a look at that baby - isn't she a beauty?
Lucky for your eyes, I don't have a before photo. This closet finally emerged organzied four hours, 3 trash bags, 3 DI bags later. But lucky for you, I found this:
Me, sporting lovely PINK sweats, Cousin Jamie, Cousin Mishi and Cousin Gretchen - all in Montana. 1992 Maybe?? Anyone know?
I ALSO found a high school photo of Cousin Zach with a full head of hair- but try as I may, I CAN NOT FIND IT!!! Sorry - I didn't get rid of it intentially. It somehow got thrown away. Maybe my organization isn't all that great?!
We now have the pantry, laundry closet, coat closet and broom closet left to do. This will happen with in the week. Exhaustion might kick in, but I have purchased a large supply of cinnamon bears, mint patties and water bottles to push me through it! GO ORGANIZATION WEEK 2008!


11 comments:
Sweet Pants!! Can you still buy them? Who did Ya Ya hair? I had to take a second look at her. You make me proud!
Love ya!
You just HAD to post that photo didn't ya! My glasses are HUGE!! Oh well, it is a good thing we grow out of those awkward years, and thank heaven for contacts :) I am so proud of your organization. See, you didn't need any of my help after all.
Awesome! If I pay for your ticket will you come do that to my office? PLEASE!?!!
We don't have Ikea though. :(
Way to go on getting things organized! That drawer looks awesome!
Look at you go! I love the organization 2008 week. That drawer is awesome. And it fits perfectly in your closet. Way to go!
Okay, so that picture! I love it! HA! HA! HA! Those bangs! LOL! I need a copy of that. :) Did you have any other family reunion pictures?
I love the "get out of jail" story. Hysterical! That is so convenient of Jake to mistake a $20 for a $1!
Good luck on the rest of '08 organization! I'll be waiting for updates.
The organization is GREAT!! I wish we lived near IKEA because I could definitely use some of their stuff, oh, well...I guess it's good on my wallet not to go there! That picture is great!
Those are cool organization ideas. I really like the pull out drawer, it looks really nice. I feel like I could use some organization around my house!
A full head of hair...I knew I had one once! Though I wasn't exactly in prime social form in high school...maybe it's a good thing you can't find it.
Organization looks awesome though!
I'm impressed. I love before and after pictures because you can really see the improvement. Oh, and nice bow-did you make that?
That picture absolutely CRACKS me up!! HAHA!! I wish you did have the one of Zach though, I wouldve loved to see it. I wish I could borrow those sweat pants. The house looks great, we will have to come see it in person though, and spontaneously drop by, so we catch it as is! Hehe...
Great job on the organization. I'm so proud. :) It was good to see you on Monday. Hope we can do it again.
Post a Comment