Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!

One thing about blogging, is that I can never REMEMBER that the first post you create will be seen last... This is the most important event this month - Jake's birthday, but it won't be "in order" because I forget.
Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE! He turned SIX on January 16th. I can't believe it. Where did it go? He is such a great little boy - we love him so very, very much. He is always full of energy and excitement. For his birthday, Jake wanted a birthday party. I didn't want to do a birthday party. I do one every year and I am just plain tired. BUT, he got his wish - a birthday party. Just not on his birthday! That came later (Friday.) But we did celebrate at Kangaroo Zoo and pizza at our house with Mimi, Papa, Unlce Daren, Uncle Craig, Aunt Karalee and Austin. Jake said he wanted the game Battleship. How convenient! I actually had one hidden under my bed!!! (He totally found it!) He had a great birthday. He is a special kid!


Ok, this story is HYSTERICAL! The day before his birthday, Grandma Millie and Grandpa Bo sent Jake some money. Jake went to his piggy bank and deposited the money with his dad. Jeff came out and asked me if I had given Jake a $20 bill. I said, no. We asked Jake where he got it - he replied, "I got it from Mimi's wallet!" So, we had to inform the "little theif" that what he did was called stealing - and technically against the law! :-) He had to call Mimi and apologize. (Turns out he really didn't steal it - he asked if he could have a dollar out of her wallet. He doesn't know the difference, and took the 20 instead.) Anyway, we felt we accomplished a very important parenting mountain.

So for Jake's birthday, Uncle Daren gave Jake a "Get out of Jail Free card!" Quite appropriate!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: