Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Resolutions

Organizing is the act of rearranging elements following one or more rules. It can also be seen as the opposite of messing up.


So that's it. That's my goal. Get organized. I am happy to report that I have ALMOST finished 2007's goal (1 year food storage.) But I still have a few purchases to accomplish. I don't live and die by deadlines, so I still have time.

But I have moved on. 2008: GET ORGANIZED. It's a hell of a lot easier than Gretchen's goal, that's for sure! (How those early mornings treatin ya sista??)

So, here's how I am going to do it.
1. Start with my craft/junk room. I am taking a trip to Ikea. Well, their website anyway. I am going to purchase a new organizing piece. Then I will purchase boxes and other stuff to put my stuff in! Then I will close the door and hopefully never open it. That way it will stay organized!

2. The Den. Heaven help me. I don't know how I am going to accomplish this, but it will be done. Someday.

Do I sound like someone that spends hours accomplishing goals? No. I heard a statistic once: What do the top 5% of successful people do differently than normal people? Make and Keep goals. That's why I am not successful. I like goals, but then I get tired of sticking to them. In fact, I have a headache. Wish me luck, but don't place your bets on me finishing yet. I'd save your money for something more exciting - like YOUR goals!

7 comments:

Zachary said...

Amen Cuz! I like the way you think! Good Luck with accomplishing whatever you get around to accomplishing. Apathetics Unite!...Eventually! (PS - we all know you are quite successful in many, many aspects...You really are a great example of success)

The Carter Family: said...

That has definitely been my mission lately. I have been on the rampage throwing out junk left and right, hoping that I don't regret it in the future. Poor Treyton lost half of his toys and his deep never-ending toy box in the process. However, cleaning up his room and using containers is a lot more efficient. Now I can sleep at night, let's just hope he can and that I didn't toss his favorite toys!!! (Just kidding-he helped in the process and was quite good at deciding what he played with and what he didn't!)

Monica Lifferth said...

Good writing Jen and what a great resolution. Aaron and I spent most of our New Year's Eve and Day organizing. It feels so good when it is done. Good luck.

Nathan and Esther said...

Those are some great goals, Jen! Good luck with them. I agree with Zack, you are very successful in everything that you do so I know you will do awesome!

Craig Lifferth said...

I believe you are ready to face any challenges that might be foolish enough to face you Sis!! How would I describe you? Three words. Hard-working, Alpha Female, Jackhammer, Merciless, Insatiable.
Love Ya.

whitney said...

Oooo, I'm very impressed. Spencer always laughs at me 'cause I'm just not a goal-setter (while he does them faithfully). Maybe I'm just unambitious. I'd like to get organized too and I'm sure I will eventually...like you, I'm just not big on deadlines.

Gretch said...

LOL!! HA, I love it! I am happy to report that I am doing pretty well at "Becoming a morning person" We'll see if it sticks.

Kudos to you on your year supply!! Seriously, I want to know EXACTLY how you did it. Did you buy food that your family would eat, or did you by the wheat and the wheat grinder etc?!?

Good Luck on getting organized. I like the idea of organizing and then locking the door. LOL! If only we could really do that!