Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Day!

We took a few minutes after church to take our annual Easter photos. I just love the girls dresses! Pink is such a springy color - and we definitely need spring to come here in Utah!

I kind of dropped the ball on Jake this year - no tie. Whoops. Glad he didn't notice (or if he did, he certianly didn't say anything!)
She's such a poser, isn't she?
We kind of have to work with this one! This one's good...
This one, not so much!! HA! What is that face??
Don't you just want to eat those cheeks up?? I totally do.


The Easter Bunny came to our house! Although, I had two very scared little girls. They wouldn't go to sleep (even though it was past 11!) and they cried because they didn't want him to be hopping through their bedrooms. Makes sense - it IS kind of creepy! So I did what every responsible parent does: call the Easter Bunny Hotline. I arranged with the customer service rep to have the Easter Bunny drop the goods at the front door then text Jeff when they have arrived. Once we received the goods, we would personally hide the baskets for the bunny this year. Problem solved! I'm sure the Bunny was relieved - one less house to worry about!

Jake left this basket for the Bunny to fill. I'm not sure what he expected to find in it, but he was disappointed that the basket wasn't filled to the rim with candy. I'm not though! Made it tough to find a good hiding place! Look at the size of that thing!

It is our tradition that the Easter Bunny comes to my parents house for the adults. That Easter Bunny! He's a wise guy! He is getting trickier and trickier. Jeff ALWAYS finds his basket without help. And his is ALWAYS in the hardest places too!

Well, this year tops it off! After hours of searching, the Easter Bunny hid it in this location...
(It's the crawl space above the garage!) Notice anything? Nor did Jeff until he moved the orange tent that was propping this piece of wood up!
And viola! There it is! That crazy bunny! I'm pretty sure he spends all year thinking of good hiding spots. Then he sits there laughing as we spend the day searching the house! (I LOVE this tradition!!!)
(The Easter Bunny knows not to hide mine too hard. I get mad easily when I can't find things!)

And it was Daren's Birthday too - Happy Birthday Brother!! Love this guy!
Daren's girlfriend Katie and I got new slippers in our baskets! Plus we get to go for a pedicure! Love that Easter Bunny!!

6 comments:

Hellobridgett said...

There is an Easter bunny hotline?! I may have have to use that one in the future.

karensdanglingconversation said...

Everyone is growing so fast! I still have fond memories of your girls in nursery, they are so cute! So glad you had a fantastic easter! Love you all! MUHAY! <3

Smiley Family said...

Seriously?! I want the Easter bunny to come visit me! So much fun. Your girls dresses are adorable!

whitney said...

The funny thing is Spencer called the Easter Bunny Hotline (exact same name too) this year too. How funny!

LOVE the Easter dresses. So, so classy. Just like you :)

Craig Lifferth said...

Glad to see the update! That sure was a great Sunday.

Ali said...

what a darling little family!