He was a solider in WW2. But instead of carrying a gun, he carried a camera. He was a war photographer. He was also one of the soldiers that landed on Iwo Jima. In fact, he was the photographer that took the original photograph of the flag raising. Not the famous one that was all over the papers. But the original one. He had a remarkable story. But, alas, it wasn't MY project! (Well, actually it was - but I didn't get to choose the hero!) We spent several afternoons researching. Well, I sat researching while Jake "wrote" the information down. Then I made him re-write it because his handwriting is so incredibly illegible. I subscribed to the magazine that had the photos, I bought the project board, I laid it out. He typed it, printed it, glued it and wrote the speech (while I held the baby, guarding the door so he could neither get out or his friends could get in!) It was the longest project of my life. (And probably his too!) But we did learn some interesting facts about the Jimmer. And we are total fans now! The wax museum was a total success and Jake got an awesome new jersey to wear!


Just a cute photo of Adalyn... :)

And because I don't need a post just for this, here is my April Fools dinner. Did I fool ya? It's cake.
3 comments:
wow Jake looks so much like Jeff's grandfather on this picture. this is Ale commenting but using Poncho's (pixculim) account. Love ya!!!
When did you make that cake? It looks pretty good sister..
Love the April fool's joke. So fun! And I want to hear more about Jeff's grandpa. I love those WWII stories.
Post a Comment