When I asked Juliana what Grandparents Day was all about, she responded, "it's when your grandparents come to visit your school and I show them all my cute stuff." Yep, pretty much sums that up!
The day started off a little rocky with a phone call from my Dad:
Dad: Jen! Where's Ya Ya?
Me: What do you mean, she is in class. I dropped her off.
Dad: She's not here. Her (substitute) teacher can't find her! (He's sounding panicked here!)
Me: Well, she's wearing a blue shirt, brown pants and her hair is in a braided bun
Dad: (annoyed voice) I KNOW what she looks like!!! (In my defense, I was trying to tell what she was wearing so the teacher could remember her!)
So my father starts walking to school to find her, checking in all the assemblies only to go back to class and find here where she was THE ENTIRE TIME!!! Phew. Close call - that would have been the first ever lost Kindergarten-er in her own classroom!
But once he found her, he was ecstatic and the fun began!
They got to color projects together and see the classroom
Then they moved onto Jake's classroom and the art show:
2 comments:
So fun! So glad Ya Ya was found - haha!! I know that both Emily and Mindy's kids have grandparents day at their respective schools and I am hoping Ashlyn's does too! Your kids are lucky to have such awesome grandparents!!
What is up with the mohawk kid?
Post a Comment