Sunday was Alyssa's "Bless-ed" Day (as Adalyn calls it.) After "Birthday" week, what's a little more stress, right? We spent the entire day Saturday cleaning. I even had to put a sign at the door that read, "Wright children are working. Please do not ring the bell until this sign is removed." It apparently worked because the normal Saturday traffic was reduced to nothing. (That's a post in and of itself. Basically, if I don't get to the door before "cool-neighbor-dad-Jeff" then I am left being the not-so-cool-neighbor-mom that kicks everyone out. He tends to let everyone in to play no matter if any chores are done leaving me to be the bad guy, if you know what I mean!)
Anyway, house was ready, cookies were baked and ham was purchased and ready for cooking. When I opened the ham that morning to start cooking, I read the servings. It suggested that each ham would serve 12-17 people. I really started to panic - 17 people? SERIOUSLY? I was expecting 50! Since there was nothing I could do, I just stuck both 10 pounds of ham into the oven and pretended I didn't care. (For the record - 20 pounds of ham for 52 people is pa-len-ty.... I promise.) We headed off to church the next afternoon earlier than ever to save seats. Pretty good idea considering there were FOUR baby blessings that day! If I would have known, I would have totally switched it to May. Four is quite a lot for these little ones to sit through. But it was special. Jeff did a marvelous job. Since this blog is also my journal, I'll list some of the blessings he mentioned:

He officially named her Alyssa Evelyn Wright
Gave her a "choice" blessing. She is a special daughter of God. Blessed her to understand the power of prayer and love of the scriptures. Blessed her that she would love the things of Heavenly Father more than things of the world; that she would be a strong example to others. Blessed her to know that the only true happiness comes from following the laws of the Gospel. Look to the examples of her grandparents, brother and sisters, uncles and aunts and go to them for council. Blessed her to be obedient and remember that all blessings come by being obedient to the Gospel. Blessed her with a desire to get an education. Blessed her to be a peacemaker in the home, to be faithful and strive to marry in the temple and have a righteous posterity, and to be an elect lady to our Father in Heaven.
Always a sweet moment to attend church together as a whole family.
Afterward, we headed to our house where the fun and chaos began! Plenty of food, salads and way too many desserts. (Well, not way to many. Can you ever have too many? Let's just say there was a lot left over.) We had a wonderful time visiting with family until almost 7 p.m.! It was at that point that realized I hadn't taken a single photo! So I started in on a quick photo session.
Uncle Ryan and Adalyn
Our beautiful "bless-ed" daughter in her dress that Mimi made...
I wanted a photo of us together. (and our glowing baby!)
This is the look I get when Jeff is done. Ha Ha! Time to wrap it up! We were exhausted but it was all worth the effort. It was a nice little day with our family.
3 comments:
yay! for blessing pictures! Your girls are just so beautiful-all three of them (jake isn't all that bad looking himself, of course ;).
That was a lot of fun and great times enjoyed by all! Glad to see you updated your blog sister. Love ya.
Oh she's a doll. Glad it turned out to be a lovely day. :)
Post a Comment