We have a problem listening in our home. We (or more appropriately, THEY) have a problem called "selective hearing." Well, "selective hearing" reared her ugly head this past week.
I was talking to Jeff about our plans for the coming week; where we were going, what we were doing etc.. I mentioned that we would be gone the next evening. Jake continued to work on his project while we conversed. About 5 minutes later, I came into the room and asked Jeff to put a box into the car because I needed it for the next days activities. Jeff, acting totally surprised, said, "where are you going tomorrow?"
Getting all frustrated, I said, "You are seriously asking me this question? I just told you our plans not even 5 minutes ago!" Then I yelled, "No one in this house listens to anything I say!"
As I stomped out of the room, Jake looked up from his work and said,
"What did she just say Dad?"
Yep - My case in point...
8 comments:
I was laugh so hard! Its so true. The wrights only listen when they want to listen. That is why we love them.
I think that happens in EVERY family...especially when the wife/mother is talking...I know that certainly happens at our house-A LOT!!! I definitely feel your pain!
I feel your pain. I repeat, rewind, and repeat all day, everyday.
Did you say something?
That story is hilarious!
LOL-you always have the best stories, Jen. seriously. It's what keeps me coming back for more (despite the blog binging ;).
I wish us women could have such great selective hearing! That was too funny!
Hmmmm. Sounds just like my kids. Punks.
Oh jen this is deff a wright story!!! I'll be sitting in the room right next to mom and dad-lots of talking and no communication and no listening! I guess after 65 years you just block each other out haha.
Post a Comment