Before I start my Halloween Fun entry, allow me to say Thank You to all our Veterans. A friend of mine sent me this link. His father served as a US Marine in the Vietnam War. Of the 6 hoochmates he served with, he and his copilot were the only two to return. Brandon sent this link to me. Even though you may not agree with war, it may help you reverence more what the patriot soldiers of our nation went through.
www.operationmom.org%2FToOurParents.html
Thank you to my Brother-in-law Kyle and to my cousin Danny who have served in the Army the past couple of years. I admire you and your dedication to our country. We are who we are because of selfless people like you.
Now onto Halloween...
Man, it was busy!! Wed night we went to the Rec Center for the annual Pumpkin Fest with Austin and Karalee. I forgot my camera. Check out her blog for the pics. The kids had a wonderful time. It was a fun way to start Halloween!
After the party, we came home to carve our pumpkins. Jeff certainly wouldn't do it the old fashion way!! (Jeff's famous motto is "There has got to be a tool for this..." and there is, I guess.)


Sometime during the week, our neighborhood preschool group had a Halloween Party at my house. We decorated cupcakes, played pin the nose on the witch and a rat toss. The whole party was ruined (for me) when some unnamed child (dressed as Snow White) pulled my camera off the deck and ruined my telephoto lens. Sigh....

I pretty much wanted everyone to go home right then and there. But I bucked up and made a few spider cupcakes with my favorite Yoda.

I think the Friday before we went to a Halloween Party at my cousin's house. We had great fun!
Back to Halloween!I am the room mom for Jake's class. I helped plan his party. I used the same games as the preschool party (because I'm a smart/lazy mother) and they had a blast.

Jake was the fastest spider crawler in the class. And I thought he had the best costume, too.

Immediately following the school party, I had to run down to the park to hand out candy. I work part time as the director of our local chamber of commerce. Sometime the job is hard...other time it is not! Jake got to go with me. He totally scored on the candy!

Imagine our surprise when he ran into Captain Jack Sparrow. (I am NOT kidding. You would totally think this was he!!! This guy had to be the REAL Jack Sparrow.)

Then we ran home and gathered our homemade (what was I thinking) trick-or-treat bags and headed down to Mimi and Papa's house for some cousin fun.




So, Jake came home with triple the amount of candy (largely in part of the Trunk or Treat at the Park) He started to add up his candy. Some honest uncle found a missing piece and went to put it in Juliana's pile. Jake, claiming it was his, started to get upset. Trying to be diplomatic, I said, "Don't worry Jake, when we get home, all of this candy will be put into one bowl where we can all share it."My brother called me out on it saying, "What are you? An Obama Supporter!"
I guess that's true. Jake busted his chops, got triple the candy and I was "putting it in one bowl!" HA HA! That changed my vote pretty quick! ;-)

Well, the week wasn't over yet. I hosted neighborhood preschool at my house on Monday. H is for Harvest so we made mini caramel/chocolate apples. The kids loved them and they took over 30 minutes to make!! That's 30 minutes of time I don't have to plan!
What a holiday!
5 comments:
That SUCKS about your lens! You are having bad luck in the picture department lately. I think I figured out who Snow White was...
I am impressed-3 Halloween costumes? You are amazing!
And your kids look adorable, as usual. Did you make Jake's costume? It's pretty cool.
Way to go with the three Halloween costumes. You make the lifferth's proud. The pictures looked awesome. Good job with the pumpkin carving. Love ya;)
What a crazy, fun, busy week! After reading about all your adventures and hard work, I need a nap! :)
My goodness! Do you like to dress up or something? You look adorable in each one of your get-ups.
And I love those trick or treat bags! Did you use a pattern or just wing it? Do you have an embroidery machine??? If so, I am totally jealous.
I'm super impressed at massive variety of costumes in your pics...3 for you alone! Way to get into the holiday! (I was a little bummed myself that I was no longer preggers for Halloween so I didn't get to dress up as a Barefoot and Pregnant Housewife like I was planning :P) LOL at the Obama comment (that must be why we're a one bowl family in our house ;) ;)
Post a Comment