Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Blog Binging

I am often accused of "blog binging" - I basically indulge at high intensities, less frequently. It's mostly because I have a million and one things going on at once and a rarely have a spare minute. And quite truthfully, I would rather read a book than blog.

So join me as I indulge yet again...

Fall Festivities:

We recently went to the Pumpkin Patch near our home to pick out pumpkins. Jake, of course, wanted the biggest and Adalyn just wanted a ball. We gave her a little pumpkin instead.







Mid-October, we went with Jeff's parents and his sister to St. George to see Les Miserables at the Tuachan. My "Broadway Buddies" (Laura and Lyn) and I love to see any plays - so when they suggested it, I quickly jumped aboard. Side note: This play was spectacular! I have seen this play many times, but this particular one beat the rest! The acting, scenery and music were moving.

We had just hit a cold front, but it warmed up enough for us to enjoy the pool one afternoon. Adalyn loves to swim with Grandma.
The next weekend, we headed off to Moab for our Fall Break. The weather was perfect! We enjoyed riding our ATV's and hiking around Slick Rock. It was a very relaxing vacation.

We did some crafts:


Rode some trails:

And did some hiking.
Jake took us on a hike to "Kings Arch" - we gathered our water bottles and headed out. About 5 grueling minutes later, we came to this:
I wonder why it isn't on the map anywhere??

We also went with our cousin Jackson to see the witches at Gardner's Village - a fun and festive afternoon!
Pumpkin Farm:
We took a field trip to the farm for Juliana's playgroup. The girls had blast jumping on the hay, riding the slide and visiting the petting zoo.

Notice the BIG glasses:
I don't normally wear these. The doctor found yet ANOTHER cyst on my left eyebrow. (Third time this year) and I had it removed. Left a charming black eye. No worries though - fashion prevailed and no one knew it was there.







Phew, hope that holds me over for awhile!

5 comments:

Craig Lifferth said...

Yeah, fall break was a lot of fun. Moab will have to wait until spring break. Nice pictures too.

rsheedy said...

You do so many fun things with your kids...I love it! You have such a cute family.

Smiley Family said...

You ARE a blog binger! But I guess if you are going to do something, do it big, right?

Love all the fun activities, do you ever stop? I honestly do not know someone who vacations more than you. Can I have your life?

And, I can't believe your cyst came back AGAIN! Holy cow! Enough already.

Zachary said...

I'm with Jamie...how do you manage so many activities and look fantastic (i.e. big sunglasses) while doing it?

Kati said...

I love your binge blogging. You guys are always doing fun things. Your kids are getting so big.