Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cozumel Anyone??

This post is very exclusive today - it's a shout out to all my cousins.

Last Saturday, we sat around the campfire at Jamie and Brian's "Cousin Night." I realized just how INCREDIBLY lucky I am. My cousins are not only the coolest, most fun people I know; they are also some of my very bestest friends.

During that evening we decided one thing: We all needed a vacation. Together. Without any kids.

Where else? COZUMEL!! (Only the very best place on earth.)


This is my official invitation to you:

Where: Cozumel Cousin Trip 2009 (I will even make us all matching shirts!)

When: TBD (Scroll down)

Cost: Airfare - around $500-900 dollars per person (Vague, I know.)
Rental House - Costs about $300-400 a night for a house ON THE BEACH!!! The more people we get, the cheaper it is. Overall, it will cost about $400 a couple for the week. That's about $60 a night (per couple...ON THE BEACH!) If we can round up about 7 couples, that cost goes to about $42 dollars a night (per couple... ON THE BEACH!) If we choose not to be on the beach, we can find a house for $200 per week per couple...but NOT on the beach. BTW - you don't have to be married to come (ie Zach, Craig, Daren, etc. etc.) Also, nursing babies are welcome - big babies are not.

Food: About $200 a week per couple

Scooter Rental: $130 a week per scooter

Activities: Depends...
Snorkeling: free
Riding waves: free
Walking on the beach in the sunset: free
Swimming with dolphins: expensive but worth it
Diving: $50 for two dives when we dive with our friend Darwin.
Tulum: About $50 or so...
You get the drift; it all varies on what you wanna do.

Spending time together: Priceless, of course.


Here's the challenge: We decided to go in October 2009. However, Jeff and I completely forgot about our future plans. (He's getting his MBA - yeah we forgot about that small detail in the excitement.) So now, we either need to go in February, March or April...or wait until 2011 when Jeff graduates - but who wants to wait that long?!

This may pose to be a challenge for some - BUT it is good in many ways:
1. Everyone needs a vacation around this time.
2. Two words: TAX REFUNDS. Use em up on this great cause of cousin bonding!
3. It is still six months away, there is time to save.
4. I don't think I can wait until 2011 for this Cousin Trip!

We are open to any dates within that time frame. (Summer is out - Cozumel is hotter than H#$$ in the summer. No WAY I am doing that again.) So think about it and shoot me an email with your preferred dates. If you are committed to coming, we will need a deposit to secure the house soon.

I REALLY, REALLY hope we can make this work! Start saving those pennies and dimes - I want you all there!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

What the heck? Only your kin get to come? I see how it is. Just wait 'til I plan my amazing trip to. Uh, to. Hmph! I don't know where just yet, but you'll wish you were my cousin then! :)

The Wright's said...

HA HA!!! Rach - You can TOTALLY COME! I'll adopt you! Start saving your money and send me a deposit check..then I will know you are really serious!

Kati said...

Ummmmm, as far as I know, I am a cousin. At least, I have always considered myself that. I am talking to Mat tonight. And....I am TOTALLY serious.

Craig Lifferth said...

Yeah! If it means more vacation time, count me in.

Crazy Lifferths said...

Of course we would love to come. I can't make any promise as of yet because of schooling. However, if a date works for everyone that doesn't work around Scott's schedule I guess we will consider it a loss:(

The Carter Family: said...

Sounds super fun-too bad October couldn't have worked! We will have to pass because (1) we will be having a baby and (2) it is during tax time, my busiest time of year...but if you change the dates or wait until 2011, well then let me know!!!

Gretch said...

That sounds like SOOOO much fun! October would have worked for us. Unfortunately we have already planned our vacations through June and so we couldn't fit it in. Plus we would need to save for longer than six months, and also I would rather not take a baby and during those dates I still would be nursing.

Let me know if you do change the dates because we would love to go! We were wanting to do a big vacation next fall anyways, to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and my big 30.

That is cool that Jeff is getting his MBA. Way to go Jeff!

Zachary said...

Well of course I am in! Just let me know details as they come to pass. Love ya!

Becca said...

Well, I'm like Gretchen. It's my big 10 year anniversary next year and will for the first time in my married life, get Jed on a plane, however we already have a planned trip. Let me know if you reschedule. Sounds like tons of fun.

Amanda said...

It sounds like you are the girl to plan a trip. My girlfriends and I are trying to plan a trip, can I call you and pick your brain?

Smiley Family said...

Hmmmm....October really would have been better for us. We had already talked about our budget and figured out how much we would have to save each month to make it work. Plus, I will be in school next semester. But I really do want to go! How come all the stars can't align?

rsheedy said...

We definitely want to do this, so add us to the list. February is iffy, but any other time ought to work out. I'm totally stoked!

Sydney said...

I'm not sure if I should be jealous, hurt or just excited that I'm going on a trip:)

Ha! Sounds like a great plan, I'm jealous you have such great cousins...mine sadly are pretty lame:)

Sydney said...

So what happened to the doll from the last post??

whitney said...

Ooo, I'm pretty sure the dates won't work b/c of how close it is to graduation (although I'll pass it by Spence anyway), but we'll definitely have to go on the next one. Maybe we could make it an every-other-year sort of thing?