Flashback to Christmas 2006: Jake gets a new bike - with training wheels. Did he ever ride it? Nope. Never wanted to. That bike has sat in the garage now for almost 2 years. Instead, he wanted a scooter. I bagged the idea of him actually riding a bike. I assumed that day would come when he received his mission papers...
Sunday, we came inside with a wrench and an order:
"Dad, can you take my training wheels off my bike?"
Jeff automatically did it. I wasn't too game - I thought he was just playing mechanic and those training wheels would be lost for when we REALLY needed them. We soon went outside and found this:
He can ride his bike??? WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS?
When did this happen?
He stops like a pro too! He must have been secretly riding his bike early in the morning (that's about the only time I am not aware.. ha ha!), awaiting the time when he could surprise us.Sunday, we came inside with a wrench and an order:
"Dad, can you take my training wheels off my bike?"
Jeff automatically did it. I wasn't too game - I thought he was just playing mechanic and those training wheels would be lost for when we REALLY needed them. We soon went outside and found this:
He can ride his bike??? WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS?
When did this happen?
Doubt it. He just probably has talent - just like his mother.
Juliana took to the open road too. Topless - Also like her mother! (JUST KIDDING. I have never biked without a shirt. Ever.)
Yeah, she didn't have any clothes on either. What kind of mother have I become??

4 comments:
You're the fun kind of mom.
That is just amazing he picked up and started riding! Lily got a bike for her bday last year, but unfortunately it's about 3 sizes too big. Not sure how much that matters though, since she can't even get a handle on the concept of peddling and steering.
That's so funny. One day he decides to ride and off he goes. Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets my daughter run around without clothes on. Cute!
Love all the naked kid pictures. Fabulous and oh-so-true to life.
LOL! I love the comment on you riding top less! I was laughing so hard.
Post a Comment