This past weekend we headed up to Payson Lakes for a couple of days.
I have VERY many fond memories of camping here as a child. Our entire neighborhood would come up during the summer, reserve the entire C Loop and camp for (what seemed like) days. The Wintertons had C-1 and we always took C-2. It was here that I learned the song "Mama's Don't let your Babies Grow Up To be Cowboys" from Cody. I can still remember sitting by the fire and singing that song!
We spent hours riding bikes, fishing, eating, playing Kings Corner and talking. One time, the girls in the neighborhood gathered our books and floated on the Fun Island for several hours while reading. What good times those were! Scott and I talked about what fun we used to have while camping as a neighborhood at Payson Lakes.
It's been a few years since we have been here. (Well, we did come this summer - THAT was the first time.)
Karalee and Scott, Craig, Dad and Zach joined us for a couple of nights. We did the same things we did years ago: fished, ate, rode our bikes (on an AWESOME mountain trail) and played games. The water was really cold, but the weather was perfect. Karalee and Austin caught their first fish! Austin caught a "Bae-bee fish. Bye- bye!" (He let it go after they caught it.)
The biggest downer was when Ya Ya got stung by a bee. Poor girl!
We had a great time - can't wait until next Summer to do it again!
The boy fishing trip.I have VERY many fond memories of camping here as a child. Our entire neighborhood would come up during the summer, reserve the entire C Loop and camp for (what seemed like) days. The Wintertons had C-1 and we always took C-2. It was here that I learned the song "Mama's Don't let your Babies Grow Up To be Cowboys" from Cody. I can still remember sitting by the fire and singing that song!
We spent hours riding bikes, fishing, eating, playing Kings Corner and talking. One time, the girls in the neighborhood gathered our books and floated on the Fun Island for several hours while reading. What good times those were! Scott and I talked about what fun we used to have while camping as a neighborhood at Payson Lakes.
It's been a few years since we have been here. (Well, we did come this summer - THAT was the first time.)
Karalee and Scott, Craig, Dad and Zach joined us for a couple of nights. We did the same things we did years ago: fished, ate, rode our bikes (on an AWESOME mountain trail) and played games. The water was really cold, but the weather was perfect. Karalee and Austin caught their first fish! Austin caught a "Bae-bee fish. Bye- bye!" (He let it go after they caught it.)
The biggest downer was when Ya Ya got stung by a bee. Poor girl!
We had a great time - can't wait until next Summer to do it again!
The "Gill" fishing trip (as Ya Ya calls it.)
Jeff got his hook stuck in the net on the bottom of the lake - this was the closest anyone came to actually swimming!

1 comment:
Dang I should have gone down early.
Post a Comment