Monday, January 03, 2011

Merry Christmas!



What a whirlwind of a Christmas break! And I think half of it was because I was super lazy and had several missed opportunities to do the normal fun stuff - I didn't feel much like moving, if you know what I mean! ;) Plus, it was SO STINKIN cold that I wasn't going to go outside! Well, I probably wouldn't have either. Not in my "condition."

Christmas came fast this year. Seemed like much faster than normal.
Christmas Eve was spent with the Wrights. Jeff's mother always goes out of her way to create a nice, spiritual program. I love going to it - it just puts things into perspective. Our job was the angels. Jeff makes a lovely angel, don't you think? Jake opted out and went with the role of the shepherd. I didn't fight - I just wanted him to participate. Besides, the angels and the shepherds go hand in hand.



We had a special baby "Jesus" this year. My cute sister-in-law recently went through quite a bit of (might have resembled the hot, firey place down below) to have a baby. She has a medical condition that basically fights her unborn baby and creates lots of problems. (That's MY rendition of her condition. Don't quote me on it!) She had to undergo weekly treatments for about 10 weeks to help the baby develop enough blood to survive. It is time consuming and very painful. But she received an incredible blessing: Baby Wyatt. He is darling. I was impressed with her faith. Her experience really helped set the mood for what Christmas is all about: love from our Savior and His sacrifice for us.



My cute little angel! Grandma Wright gave the girls matching ballerina dresses. When it came time to dress as an angel, Addy chose this costume! Works for me!



Christmas morning came. My children woke up at 5:30!!! They have NEVER done that before! Luckily, we are in the basement where the sun never shines and I told them that Santa hadn't come yet - they better get back to bed! Quick! I had a rough night. I had a sinus infection and didn't sleep. They all slept in until 8 am, luckily. But I just didn't feel well. I put on my "happy face" and got into the festivities. Our "roomates" like to get up early. We kind of put a damper on their morning- they had been waiting for a couple of hours! :)
We did our traditional "line up" where we wait for Papa to "get ready" (although this year it was ME they were waiting on!)

The kids always ask, "is it time yet?" (A tradition that comes from my dad)
Finally, Papa says, "What'cha waiting for?!" - and that means we can head down the stairs and into the room!



These festive guys took their time getting to the living room.
Santa was good to us this year! Adalyn got a new Princess bike.
Jake got his Nintendo DS games (goodbye son!)
Ya Ya got a camera and her coveted Princess tea set.
I made this little art kit for her to keep all of her art supplies in. I envisioned a clean, tidy little storage box. Yeah, that just isn't happening at the moment...
And the girls got the complete set of Princesses!
And Mimi made these darling little quilts for the girls. She actually made one for each of her grandchildren - but I don't have a picture of Jake's yet.

3 comments:

rsheedy said...

Wow, I love the quilt!! Your mom is amazing. Looks like a wonderful Christmas!!

Zachary said...

That is really cool about Baby Wyatt! Thank you for sharing that. And your Mom is absolutely amazing with her quilts! I still can't get over how beautiful mine is! Merry Christmas everyone!

Crazy Lifferths said...

Merry Christmas from the compound! It was great! Sorry you didn't feel well, that was surprisingly my first day in a week of feeling well! :) Not sure what roommates were up for hours waiting for you?! It was only me! Haha!