Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Christmas Season

Zoom. Zoom - that pretty much sums up the month of December! I love this season. It just makes me happy.



One of the biggest highlighs of the month was going to the Draper Stake live nativity. This is a "word of mouth" event. I heard about it last year from my brother's girlfriend. So last year, I thought I would take the kids. Happened to be the coldest night of the week. PLUS I went at the wrong time and ended up waiting for three hours in the cold with no husband back up (he was at school.) It was absoltuely miserable - until we walked into the "stable" and saw the live nativity. I remember just crying and thinking, "this is what it is all about." It was a remarkably spiritual, humbling experience. I knew just how awesome this experience really was. So I convinced the compound to go and see it. Same experience as last year: COLD, COLD, COLD and busy, busy, busy. (But this time I remembered the hot chocolate!)


And this is the end result: Absolutely beautiful. Even my children stopped and watched the scene for awhile. Words can't describe the experience. But both Karalee and Pop's said it was well worth the wait in the cold. Because it really is.



This year, they added the live camels. The kids were so excited to feed them!

We saw Santa at the ward Christmas party. Jake has hit that "cheesy" stage!! :)



1 comment:

Zachary said...

That is really cool about the live Nativity!