Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Halloween and Flag Football

While we were gone, Jake played in his flag football "Super Bowl." His team was undefeated until they played the Titans. Then they lost by 3. So when they were assigned to play the Titans in the Super Bowl, they were all pumped up and ready to win! Now, I have to admit, I kind of didn't think that football was Jake's sport. He spent most of the season chewing on his flags. I thought maybe golf was more up his alley. But on the final play of the game, the score was tied and the other team was feet away from the line. They bal
l was snapped and MY JAKE sacked the QB! WAHOO! It stopped the team and the Colt's won!! They handed out t-shirts and took pictures. He was so proud. He wore that shirt all week. If anyone asked him if his team won, he would point to the shirt and say, "Does this explain it?" Maybe he does have a future after all! :)
Finally, Halloween came (and I'm just now posting it!) I was still suffering from jet lag (it was a doosy!) but I really wanted to make these cute Halloween shirts for the kids.

Ya Ya was a witch. Her school had a Halloween program. I put a little lipgloss on her mouth before the performance, which was a mistake. She didn't move her lips the entire time!
I have to pat myself on the back here. I made the witch costume! And I have to say it turned out ADORABLE! Absolutely adorable. I REALLY wanted to have matching witches in the family. But someone (who is three and standing to the left of Ya Ya) wouldn't cooperate. She preferred a cheap, store bought ferry costume. But I can live with whatever makes this cute girl happy. :)

I just want to eat this cute little thing up!

I worked that afternoon at our city's Treats in The Park. The chamber had a trunk or treat. The kids came to help me. Austin took his job very seriously. He kept saying, "Hi Woody!" or "Hi Pirate!" But when a certain Iron Man wouldn't acknowledge him, he yelled, "HEY IRON MAN! I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

When helping got old, he decided to "fly" around. (But, as we all know, Buzz doesn't fly, he falls with style!"
That night, they all started their trick or treating. Ya Ya was very optimistic, if you can tell! :)
Mimi put mascara on Addy's eyes, but she didn't have her glasses on. That left Addy with a slight black eye. But still a darling "Rosetta."
I still don't know what Jake is. All he wanted was a mask and a chain saw. Go ahead - name that costume. I'm still clueless!

1 comment:

Liz Borchardt said...

I am so glad you updated! I loved seeing all of your pictures! Sorry you had such lousy company in China but your pictures were so cool!