I wanted to have a little structure this summer, so I devised a plan:
Monday - Clean up Day
Tuesday - Swim Day
Wednesday - Park Day
Thursday - Library Day
Friday - Field Trip Day
The first "Friday Fieldtrip Day" was to the Monte L. Bean Museum on BYU Campus.
We started the field trip visiting Grandma Lifferth (really nothing to do with the museum, but she lives in Provo and I need to conserve gas.) That lasted longer than normal because we dropped by during lunch. So we helped to feed her until Aunt Ann came. I can't say she got anything in her mouth because I had three kids who kept wanting my attention. She was probably glad when we left.
ANYWAY, we went to lunch at the creamery then headed to the museum. This place is, in my book, far better than any zoo or aquarium! They have incredible stuffed and REAL animals (but not alive), fun scavenager hunts for the kids and it's FREE! (Best of all!) My children LOVE this museum. They love the bears and the Afircan animals. I love that it doesn't stink like a zoo and it's free (did I already mention that part?!)
Here's my little darlings with the big bear.
Addy LOVED this zebra. She would go for a ride if she could.Monday - Clean up Day
Tuesday - Swim Day
Wednesday - Park Day
Thursday - Library Day
Friday - Field Trip Day
The first "Friday Fieldtrip Day" was to the Monte L. Bean Museum on BYU Campus.
We started the field trip visiting Grandma Lifferth (really nothing to do with the museum, but she lives in Provo and I need to conserve gas.) That lasted longer than normal because we dropped by during lunch. So we helped to feed her until Aunt Ann came. I can't say she got anything in her mouth because I had three kids who kept wanting my attention. She was probably glad when we left.
ANYWAY, we went to lunch at the creamery then headed to the museum. This place is, in my book, far better than any zoo or aquarium! They have incredible stuffed and REAL animals (but not alive), fun scavenager hunts for the kids and it's FREE! (Best of all!) My children LOVE this museum. They love the bears and the Afircan animals. I love that it doesn't stink like a zoo and it's free (did I already mention that part?!)
Here's my little darlings with the big bear.
They were both a little afraid of this bear. I had to beg them for a photo. Jake's face cracks me up -he's a little nervous!
This Butterfly exhibit is made entirely of butterflies. Amazing.
So that is our summer schedule - if you wish to join us on any of our Field Trip Friday's or Tuesday swim days, feel free to come along - the more the merrier! Call me for the next location, because I won't be posting that on my public blog. There are too many wackos out there.
Oh - shout out for the cousins! We want to do a Cousin Camp this summer. We discussed the last two weeks of June or the first two weeks of July. MWF from 10 -2. If you are interested in joining us, please reply. It should be fun!
LONG LIVE SUMMER!

4 comments:
well aren't you just a smart little mommy? A SCHEDULE! genius! i wish we could join you from time to time. maybe one day...
I vote for the first two weeks of July. And I am super excited! I would also love to join you for a friday fieldtrip, except that I watch Madi and Maya until 2:00 on fridays. So, if you are doing your fieldtrips in the pm, give me a call:)
So Jake in that bear picture looks like he is having an OS moment. His face is the best!!
Thanks for letting me know about the museum. I'm always looking for new places to take the kids when we travel north and I love the Free part.
You are so organized. Great weekly planning!
Post a Comment