APRIL FOOLS!!
I Love this day. I really do. Unfortunately, I have "got" my family so many times that I am out of tricks. I can't even call them in the morning without a "We already know it's April Fools." I try - every year I try. I just need to plan better now and start thinking of NEXT years trick!
But that's ok - because now I have children...a whole new generation of gullible ginnea-pigs! And it doesn't take much planning. I found this recipe in the Family Fun magazine - a "chocolate" pie with "Berry whipped cream". I know, I know, the "berry" whipped cream doesn't look berry because the recipe called for beets. I hate beets. So I just did potatoes. And I added vegetables because I couldn't fathom the idea of eating dinner without some nutrients!
So I created this little masterpiece:
I brought it to the table and dished it out...I Love this day. I really do. Unfortunately, I have "got" my family so many times that I am out of tricks. I can't even call them in the morning without a "We already know it's April Fools." I try - every year I try. I just need to plan better now and start thinking of NEXT years trick!
But that's ok - because now I have children...a whole new generation of gullible ginnea-pigs! And it doesn't take much planning. I found this recipe in the Family Fun magazine - a "chocolate" pie with "Berry whipped cream". I know, I know, the "berry" whipped cream doesn't look berry because the recipe called for beets. I hate beets. So I just did potatoes. And I added vegetables because I couldn't fathom the idea of eating dinner without some nutrients!
So I created this little masterpiece:
Me: "oh look everyone! We are eating PIE for dinner."
Jake: "That looks gross."
Jeff: "What did you put in it? I won't touch it until you eat it. Is there liver in here or something? Why are you smiling?" (He's been tricked one too many times!)
Juliana: "Ummmm...pie. I love pie!"
So I dished it up and watched everyone dig in. Not everyone is a fan of "chocolate" pie at our house.
"Disgusting...Eww!"
He. He. Got em!
For the original recipe, click here...
I will now take the time to tell how I WAS HAD!! I received a text from my brother Scott. He is applying for his MBA and we are waiting to hear where he will be going to school in the fall. He texts me to tell me he is going to Brazil for school.
Yeah right. Texting goes back and forth for SEVERAL hours. He starts to get me - maybe, just maybe this isn't a joke. Then I get a phone call from my dad, brother and sister-in-law. What put me over the edge was a written letter from the school itself addressed to my brother. He emailed it to me for "proof." Then I was all bummed out - I would miss him!
10 hours after the original text, I believe him. Then I got the signature "April Fools." Man, they got me. Took a LOT of work, a LOT of help and a LOT of time - but I eventually gave in. Anyone putting forth that much effort receives the April Fools Day Award...so there you go Scott!
For those that know, my brother is a product of Springville High. Which, apparently, has gone downhill. The public school system failed him - he's a terrible writer. (Or he failed the public school system...we aren't sure which.) Anyway, I have corrected his spelling and grammar where possible...
"Last week we had companionship inventory, and like my companion asked me if there is anything that he could do to become better or things that he could improve on, so I give him some tips on door knocking.
Then I am like what about me?? He sits there for a little bit then looks at me and says, You know, when you sing you are off key, I just look at him and laugh, then was like are you serious?!?!? AND HE WAS!!! ha ha, so i ask him if i am off key during church (you know, cause thats what i am thinking) but then he tells me, no when you are singing in the car and walking around!!! HA ha ha ha, i am like oh ok, then he offers that he will teach me with the key board how to become on key, so I spent the next 15 mins trying to match a key. man, i was laughing soooo bad, it was really funny!!!"
Ryan LOVES to sing - not in public or anything, just sing. He walks around singing, sings in the shower, sings while working etc. I thought this story was hysterical and worth sharing.


8 comments:
That's funny! I should get more into April Fools Day with my kids, but I don't. Maybe next year I will come up with something to do.
I loved that sry! When I read it again all I could think of was how terrible the wording is, but how hilarious it was! Hope you are feeling better.
LOL! That Ryan, he cracks me up! Sorry, I agree with Jake, that Chocolate pie does look kind of gross. :) How did it taste? That is also funny that Scott "got ya" So where is he going? Does he know yet?
I love how how "chocolate pie" was deemed gross before anyone even tasted it. That's ok, Juliana fell hook, line, and sinker. That picture is fabulous!
I agree-I always realize how much I miss everyone whenever we visit. It's so much fun having cousins around my age!
Ha ha funny story about Ryan. He sounds like Marty-Marty sings ALL THE TIME (this is probably not surprising). He actually has a really good voice. However, when he is singing on his own, without music to follow along to, he is usually off key.
I'm glad that your family was finally able to convice you and fool you after all of their effort! Ha ha.
lol i love it, that sounds wicked funny! oh and i just love little ya'ya's face! so CUTE!!!
I agree with Daren, the picture alone was funny. You don't like beets? Oh they are so good.
Post a Comment