I know he has been gone a few days. But I haven't stopped thinking about what a wonderful man he is. I love and adore President Hinckley. It is hard to imagine the Church without him. I am, however, so very happy he is finally with his wife - what a reunion that was, I bet!I can remember being a child and watching President Kimball's funeral. It affected (or is it effected) me greatly. Now I am watching Jake go through those same emotions.
During the funeral, Jeff and Jake were painting a closet while listening to the radio's broadcast. Jake was quietly working throughout the funeral. At one break he said, "You know Mom, President Hinckley is like Optimus Prime. And we are his Transformers!!"
President Hinckely has been called a lot of things - but I doubt Optimus Prime was one of them!
Another day I had a bad moment and was a little mad about something. Jeff asked, "what's wrong?" Jake quickly replied, "Oh, she's sad President Hinckley died."
I am sad. He will be missed.
3 comments:
Optimus Prime! I laughed pretty hard when I read about that.
He will definitely be missed!
As a side note, that same person commented on my blog...annoying!
That is hilarious. Mabye I will use that in one of my Relief Society lessons. By the way I never told you I used the story about grapes in the dishwasher for my "Be grapeful" lesson. It was a big hit. Your kids are so funny.
Post a Comment