What a fabulous day! I actually enjoy Valentine's Day. Sure, it's a little commercial, but you get to spend the whole day doing sweet things for those you love.
I wanted to surpise Jeff by giving him a cookie bouquet - so I worked all afternoon the day before V-day. I got it all finished and set it by his toolchest KNOWING he won't see it - he had nothing to fix. To my surprise, SOMETHING broke. He booked it outside for a screwdriver before I could yell at him to stop. He totally saw his cute cookie bouquet. And what's worse is he commented on it...
So, I wait until the kids are in bed, I run it out to his truck so he can be "surprised" in the morning. AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND!!! 1 dozen beautiful red roses. Guess we are even... :-)
I wanted to surpise Jeff by giving him a cookie bouquet - so I worked all afternoon the day before V-day. I got it all finished and set it by his toolchest KNOWING he won't see it - he had nothing to fix. To my surprise, SOMETHING broke. He booked it outside for a screwdriver before I could yell at him to stop. He totally saw his cute cookie bouquet. And what's worse is he commented on it...
So, I wait until the kids are in bed, I run it out to his truck so he can be "surprised" in the morning. AND GUESS WHAT I FOUND!!! 1 dozen beautiful red roses. Guess we are even... :-)
Jeff and I have a little tradition for V-day. He makes me dinner and I make the dessert. His choice this year was chili-rubbed steaks. They were incredible. I don't know if they were incredible because of the ingredients or because I didn't have to cook dinner...
For dessert - Chocolate Rasberry Cream Brulee. WOW!!! I totally outdid myself! :-) No really - they were good. I am too lazy to post the recipe. Call me if you want it. Oh, I had to garnish them with a strawberry. Rasberries were no longer on sale. I'm a little cheap..
We had a little visitor toward the end of the meal - Juliana knows good food when she see it!

1 comment:
That steak was really good and so was the Chocolate Strawberry Cream Brulee! I loved it.
Post a Comment