AMAZING!We were fortunate enough pay homage to the "motherland" (birthplace of my dad) for a week. We went mountain biking, hiking, swimming at our secluded lake. We always (well the two times we have been) camp at Murphy's Lake - the most beautiful lake in Montana (in our opinion.) We had been planning this vacation since last July. Wow! What a trip!
This photo is of me. I do NOT know how I got my body to go into this position. I just have one thing to say: some people can do rope swings, other people can not...


This is Martin's Lake. There is no road access - you either have to bike or hike it in. We went daily (it was about 2 miles from Murphy's Lake.)

Juliana LOVED getting dunked by Papa at Sunday Falls.

This is a REAL LIVE Bear print! We decided to hike/bike up to Martin's Lake one evening. As we walked up to the little natural cove where you can enter the water, we found the area wet as if someone had just left the lake. Weird. We NEVER see people at this lake. Then Jeff found a pile of extremely fresh poop...except it had grass in it. Obviously it wasn't human poop! (Well, we hope not anyway!) Just then, Ryan found this print - among others. As if on cue, we heard growling up on the hill about a quarter mile up. We couldn't see what was making the noise - but the detective in us decided we had missed a bear by just a few minutes. I kind of think it would be cool to see a bear - but then I decided I didn't really want to find out!

Murphy's Lake at dusk.
3 comments:
Well....all I can say is that it is a VERY good thing I wasn't born into the Lifferth family! I am definately not crazy enough!!!! Looks like fun!
It looks like SOOOO much fun! I'm sad I missed it...Next time!!!
Love ya!
Wow! Love the pictures! Love the story! Love the memories it pulls up in my own collection! Love you guys! Love the rope swing picture! There is a whole lot of love going on!
Post a Comment