



I bawled "like a baby" (as he told Papa Lifferth) all morning but I DID NOT shed ONE tear when he boarded the bus. (I wanted to.) He was super excited and very nervous. He asked me if I was certain that THIS bus would take him to his school. He even asked the other little girl which school she was going to. He felt better when he realized she was going to the same place. After he asked me again, I told him I would follow the bus in my car and MAKE SURE he made it to school. Juliana (who brought HER backpack to the bus stop) was a little upset when SHE didn't get to get on the bus. After he boarded the bus, I grabbed both girls and rushed into my car. Jake's bus beat me there and I found him in line with his newfound friend Issac. He was thrilled to be at school that I didn't even cry. (again, I WANTED to!) He even waved goodbye as his teacher lead him into class. I wonder, at what age do they stop thinking I am still cool even after I followed his school bus (in my minivan!) and take pictures of him at his first day of school??? I really hope never...
4 comments:
Unbelievable! I really can't believe that these kids are growing up so fast! I just had this image of Gabby and Jake standing next to each other in their High School Cap and Gown, and I felt tears welling up...and I am just an Uncle! Congratulations Jake! Make us proud!
Wowww it feels like yesterday when Jake run in the store trying to say some words. While I was reading your story and looking the pictures tears were running down my face. Every morning I say that I am not ready to have kids yet, but when I read your stories and look at your beautiful 3 kids I feel ready, so if I get pregnant will be your fault (HAHAHA). Thanks for sharing this with us. Jake we are very proud of you, we love you, Poncho, Samba and Ale
Ah, you're getting old....
Too cute. I love that you followed him in your minivan. Such a proud mom!
What a darling family! Kati hooked me up with your blog so maybe I can keep track of you and those sweet babies... I miss and am so proud of the two of you....What super parents...
Love Mama Sue
Post a Comment