Thursday, August 23, 2007

One Last Hurrah!

Hobble Creek Canyon



Summer is over? How could that happen? Jake goes to Kindergarten next week. I don't know how well I am going to handle the "commitment" of going to school every day! I didn't handle it all so well when I had to do it!

We headed up Hobble Creek canyon to camp for a couple of days. I thought by avoiding the process, I would feel better equipped to handle Jake going to school EVERY DAY! But it only made me more depressed. And it is only kindergarten! Ahhhhh!

We did, however, manage to enjoy every minute of camping. Jake loved to swim in the stream and play "fisherman" with Jeff's vest. Juliana managed to remove every piece of clothing I put on her AND look like an orphan. (But that is a daily thing, not just a camping thing.) She still needed a nap (and I needed her to take one). I finally figured out to put her in the hammock with books - she eventually fell asleep for a few hours. We really had a great time. Just goes to prove, you really don't need to go far to have a great time. Now, back to school....bummer!

This sums up my Juliana right here...no clothes, dirty face and no way will I get her picture!
I love this picture! Jake is heading off to do some fishing. He wanted me to put some bait on his fly hook, but I don't touch live worms. (Plus, you just don't do that!)
Papa and Mimi came up to visit every night for supper. Juliana got several rides in her little wagon!

2 comments:

Kati said...

Lets go to lunch the day our boys start kindergarten and we can sit and cry together.

Zachary said...

"Hey Jake...you want to ditch class today?"

"But MOM!!! You pulled me out of class three times last week and once this week already! How am I ever going to learn anything?"

"So is that a 'No'?"