Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm back! AGAIN!

I have to admit, I don't place this as a priority (yeah, obviously.) If I have a spare minute, then I want to head to the sewing room to finish the twirl skirts I started a week ago, or finish my book club book or do a page or two of digital scrapbooking.

But then I read my sister-in-law's blog, my cousin's etc, etc and I think of what a great job they are doing to preserve these precious memories. I get motivated once again and start writing. My eldest loves to read my blog - he laughs and calls me in to remind of a funny instance. Or he'll come and ask me why I wrote something I did. I realized this isn't really for me. It isn't for my "audience", it's for me, my children and my ever-failing memory.

So, while I can't go back and fill in, I'll recap:

Summer 2010:
Probably the worst summer of my life. And that is being honest. It wasn't relaxing, I didn't do anything on my bucket list and I stressed from the moment it started until it ended. That would mostly have to do with three life-altering experiences: Girls Camp Leader (under an incredibly stressed, micromanaging leader), being pregnant and selling a house in a failing economy. Any one of those experiences would be enough to cause stress. Add all three and I was a basket case. So much, in fact, that my hair started falling out and my right eye started twitching. Both case, as confirmed by my doctor, were stress related. Eye is normal now and hair has stopped falling out like a cancer patient. I feel good. I feel relaxed and I feel normal. Again.

So that explains a lot, right? I'm gonna just start from the now and hope for the best!

7 comments:

rsheedy said...

Okay, WHAT?! You're pregnant?? Am I the only one who didn't know?? I'm so excited for you! I need details, girl!

Smiley Family said...

Haha! Okay, now I can say to RACHAEL, you would have known if you lived in Utah ;o) Sorry you had such a rough summer. I never thought I'd hear you say such things. You love summer more than anyone I know! So sorry. I hope things calm down for you for awhile and that you have an enjoyable fall!

Zachary said...

Welcome back Cuz! And I love the post about different quotes by your children. I bet Jake knows exactly how much those Night Pants can hold.

Monica Lifferth said...

Oh Jen. I'm sorry it was so rough. I'm glad it's over and you can enjoy life again. Thanks for commenting on Bennie's b-day post. You really are too sweet. I miss your sense of humor and can't wait to see you and your family around Christmas. Oh, and I will get you those patterns I used this week. Sorry, I'm such a slacker. :)

Gretch said...

Yippy- your back! You have almost motivated me to start blogging again...almost.

Sorry you had a crazy summer. I hope you get an Indian summer so you can have some fun. Love, love the tea party pics-so very CUTE! Beautiful kids you have. They are growing so fast! The quotes are hilarious! I love it and I LOVE you!! Miss you too! I hope the pregnancy is going well.

Ale said...

sweetie I am so sorry you had such a tough summer, but look at it from the bright side 1.) you are pregnant again, expecting the very wanted fourth baby that you knew was supposed to be born and you sold your house,but 2.)you are building your own new and bigger house. So at the end this summer brought a couple of very exciting things.
Love you

whitney said...

boo! for such a stressful summer! Thank heavens it's over...not to mention thank heavens your hair's no longer falling out nor your eye twitching. Pregnancy brings enough body issues to the surface w/out those two along for the ride!