Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Funny Sayings I want to Remember

Addy and Ya Ya were sharing their favorite Jesus stories while they were supposed to go to bed. Ya Ya was telling how a woman touched the hem of Jesus's shirt and she was all "heeled up."

Addy asked what that meant, but before waiting for an answer got on her tippy toes and said, "Oh hey! I'm all HEELED UP too!"


Ya Ya: (In a totally agigated voice) "MOM! Jake called me stupid AND I saw a humming bird!"
(That would be TWO seperate points, my daughter!)

Ya Ya has a problem with moisture. She hates, hates, hates to be wet. Anywhere. Including "down there." We towel off for about 6-7 minutes after baths and showers, which doesn't go so well when I am trying to get her to hurry for school (which, causes more anxiety because she hates to be late.) One morning, I was rushing her too fast, I guess, because we didn't get all the moisture off her privates. After she was dressed and I was doing hair, she started digging and whining. Then she started sobbing, "WHY?! WHY!? WHY?!!! WHY DO I HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!???" Slightly dramatic. I can think of worse problems!

Finally, I was at a wedding and my brothers were tending. Jake was heading to bed but stopped to pour a rather large glass of milk. Both of my brothers said, "Jake, do you think your mom wants to drink that much milk before bedtime?"

Patting his "goodnight" night time pants (yep, still have a problem) he said, "Oh don't worry guys, this thing holds A LOT of water!" (Kinda questioning the "need" now!)

I love being a mom! I couldn't ask for a greater blessing!

7 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Ha ha. Those are hilarious! I love the hitting/hummingbird combo. Thanks for the laughs.

Smiley Family said...

Great stories. It's a good thing kids keep us so entertained - it helps to balance out all those stressful parenting moments!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

AWESOME!! Classic moments that bring happiness to your readers. And CONGRATS on your pregnancy! I had no idea until Scott told me last week! Bless your heart, Jen. What a summer indeed!

Monica Lifferth said...

Love that Jake quote. Awesome!

**MIGNONNE** said...

Hilarious!!!

Ale said...

i love been a mom too and I hope Emiliano will be as funny as your kids are, you always have great stories!!! love you all

whitney said...

Ahhh, they all made me laugh so much! You tell the funniest stories, Jen.