Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

In a futile attempt to save money, we canceled our week-long trip to Flaming Gorge and settled for Yuba Lake. Noah and Kalia's family joined us for a little bit. I can't really say it was fun. I mean it was fun - we had sun, water and family, and THE WIND!!! HOLY SMOKES! We were there 5 days, which, in those conditions was 4 days too long. I SWEAR the wind NEVER stopped! It was miserable: sand in our hair, our boat, our sleeping bags, our teeth, our food, etc. But we certainly couldn't come home! No sir - we were on vacation! It wasn't so bad once you left the beach and took to the water. But eventually you had to come back.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:
I have known Jeff now for about 11 years. And every summer he says, "I really want to learn to barefoot ski." Well, we don't exactly have a boat that is meant to barefoot ski on. He's tried almost every method to no avail. He's had bruises, bumps and sore muscles. And not once has he ever succeed.
Until this year. Thanks to You Tube, he found a new method of barefoot skiing. We waited for the perfect conditions for him to try. He would start by sitting on a wake board, wait until the boat hit a perfect speed, then stand up. HE DID IT! WAY TO GO JEFF!

Here's the video proof!

3 comments:

Zachary said...

Way to go JEFF! You are THE MAN!

Quien es el hombre? Jeff es el hombre!

Rachel said...

NOTHING can ruin a day like the wind. How miserable!

And, holy smokes! Barefoot skiing? Impressive.

Craig Lifferth said...

Yeah, thats my brother!