First off, can you believe I didn't get ONE PHOTO of Wicked??
My sister-in-law is a fabulous photographer, so I let her do all the work then I threatened her to give me all the photos. I may or may not get a CD, and I can post those if she follows through. But for now, this is all I have.
My weekend in California was WONDERFULLY WICKED. That's because we saw Wicked! WOW! INCREDIBLE! WONDERFUL! I can't even discribe it. We all loved the play, the music, the colors and the stage. I only have one irritation - our Elphba was played by an understudy's understudy. Not that she was terrible, she was quite good - but no one wants the rejects or the rejects! That aside, I highly encourage you all to go. Well worth the money. But luckily for you all, Jeff found an article saying it was coming to SL April 2009. Looks like I jumped the gun...again.
Since I was in CA for 4 days, and Wicked was only 3 hours, we decided to do some fun stuff. Jeff's sister lives in Santa Clarita (right in Ryan's mission - I have no sightings to report. I did, however, shake hands with an elder that hugged Ryan last week. I think his germs might still be there...so in essence, I touched Ryan!!)
Anyway...We went to Sea World. I was actually there not long ago. And things haven't changed. But we still had a great time. I showed Addy a sea star. She didn't really care much.
She mostly wanted to run.My sister-in-law is a fabulous photographer, so I let her do all the work then I threatened her to give me all the photos. I may or may not get a CD, and I can post those if she follows through. But for now, this is all I have.
My weekend in California was WONDERFULLY WICKED. That's because we saw Wicked! WOW! INCREDIBLE! WONDERFUL! I can't even discribe it. We all loved the play, the music, the colors and the stage. I only have one irritation - our Elphba was played by an understudy's understudy. Not that she was terrible, she was quite good - but no one wants the rejects or the rejects! That aside, I highly encourage you all to go. Well worth the money. But luckily for you all, Jeff found an article saying it was coming to SL April 2009. Looks like I jumped the gun...again.
Since I was in CA for 4 days, and Wicked was only 3 hours, we decided to do some fun stuff. Jeff's sister lives in Santa Clarita (right in Ryan's mission - I have no sightings to report. I did, however, shake hands with an elder that hugged Ryan last week. I think his germs might still be there...so in essence, I touched Ryan!!)
Anyway...We went to Sea World. I was actually there not long ago. And things haven't changed. But we still had a great time. I showed Addy a sea star. She didn't really care much.
My favorite exhibit is the sharks. But that's when the guilt came - see, Jake LOVES sharks. Absolutely loves them. He has several books and pictures about these creatures. He even has a REAL shark tooth necklace that came from a GREAT WHITE. (That's what we told him anyway!) So I just knew he would just love to sit for hours looking. I overcame the guilt of not bringing him and managed to take a few photos to show him. I thought he would get upset that he didn't get to go but he kept saying, "that is so cool you were in the same room as those sharks!" So, now I'm cool. If he ever has the desire to go to Sea World to see sharks, I will just show him the photos. I'll be cool AND save sixty bucks!
Addy loved this little cart! We had a little game: she would run, grab a toy. I would run, grab her, return the toy (before the cops came) and walk back. Then we started the process all over again. A good mother would have bought her the dang thing, but I'm not one to buy that kind of crap.
We also went to Ventura beach. It was quite cold. I am totally convinced that "Sunny California" doesn't mean warm California. I have never, I repeat, NEVER been to a beach in California when it was warm enough to take off my pants. (with my swim suit underneath..who do you think I am?) And yes, I have been to a beach in July. But besides being a little chilly, it was still beautiful and Addy loved eating sand.
So, that's it. My report. Kind of short and boring because I have no photos. But we all had a good time - Thanks Jane!

2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. Hey, have you taken Jake to the Living Planet Aquarium? They have a coupla sharks there. They're small, but he might like them. We should plan a trip there.
Your comment about California not having warm beaches is totally true! Looks like you had a fun trip.
Post a Comment