Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
Yeah, we know. most Mexicans don't celebrate this day. At least our friends in Cozumel didn't. But that didn't stop us from having a fiesta and wearing our Mexican dresses!!! We just invited a few neighbors and a couple of friends. Potluck - of course. It was so much fun. I am attaching links to the recipes, in case you want them.
Tinga is my favorite. I tried it at my friend Inair's home in Mexico. I asked her if it was hot. "un pocito." YEA RIGHT. Bout burned my hose off. I don't add near the peppers she does. I like it a little better. Jeff, however, likes his hot. Looks like he needs to go to Inair's instead!
Tres Leches...man oh man. Good stuff. Made from three kinds of milk: sweetened condensed, cream and breast milk.
Just kidding. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cake. It was a personal Mexican favorite of mine. No one made it better than Hermana Chim. She even taught me how to make it one day! It's the best.
Adios!
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Feliz cinco denial, well that is how Daren was saying it all day on Monday. You party was an awesome party!! Loved it and the food was great!!
Ya YA will definitely be the coolest kid in school when she can say, "oh yeah, well I was born in Mexico" She'll trump all the kids.
Glad you're keeping the Mexican spirit alive!
Looks like a lot of fun! Sorry I didn't get to see you when you were down here. I hope you had fun.
Breast milk?? Gross.
So, does that make Juliana a dual Mexican/US Citizen? How does that exactly work? Anyways, looks like fun and I agree w/ Zach-gross about the breast milk, I really thought that you were serious! I'm glad you clarified it!!!
Jen...I love the way you blog. It takes me an hour to catch up with all you are up to.
The party sounds like it was so much fun...Love all your pictures!
Sorry...I knew wicked was coming, but I didn't know the date to tell you. Now you can just see it again! I doubt we will hear you complain about that. I loved it too! I saw it in New York a few years ago. I can't wait to see it again!
Tell Darren that I am in serious "Darren blog" with drawls.
Oh man, you should have posted the recipe for the tres leches cake BEFORE cinco de mayo. It sounds delicious! I would have totally made it and now I have to wait a whole year;0)
I think Cinco De Mayo needs to be celebrated during the Ruby's inn retreat. Oh yeah, and we will let you do all the cooking...minus the breast milk that is. Ha ha
Breast milk! Ha! You are too funny, and you totally got me.
Happy Be-Lated Mother's day Jen! Hope it was a great one!
So, after your party I made your Tres Leches cake TWICE!!! It was amazing...I won't lie-Yours was better but it still made my sweet tooth happy.
Post a Comment