I just HAD to share my ingenious idea! Last Christmas, I happen to stop by Downeast Home. Sitting in a big box in the middle of the floor were these cute stockings from Pottery Barn Kids. Now, we didn't have any stockings - I had been meaning to make them for about four years! When I saw the price tag I got really, really excited - each stocking was, get this, $1 each! That's right! One dollar! So I bought two matching stockings for Jeff and I and four additional stocking for our lovely little children. (I figured our family wasn't quite complete yet - and even if it was, it was a dollar!) Now, the catch was each stocking had a different name on it, Brynn, Ty, Kate Lynn, etc. But that didn't stop me, oh no! My mother happens to have an embroidering machine. So I stiched up each of our names, covered the other names and woah-lauw - I have my own custom stockings. I recently found this month's Pottery Barn catalog. They are still selling these stockings at $19 each. So, roughly I figured I saved $112! That's $112 I can spend on other fun things! (I love "savings" numbers...the funny thing about savings is, reaisticaly, I would never purchase Pottery Barn Stockings at $19 each...but still. I saved, right?)
We don't have a fireplace, so we hang our stockings on the banister. Now we are all ready for Santa to come!
We don't have a fireplace, so we hang our stockings on the banister. Now we are all ready for Santa to come!

6 comments:
So that would be like $112 bucks you can spend on me for Christmas.
Oh how I miss Downeast Home!
I want to know whether the fourth stocking is a ballerina or a snowman?
It's a snowman. They are all so cute, aren't they? Lucky find...
You sound like me, I too have been meaning to make our stockings for about 4 years! For now, we have the boring red and white ones. Ours are also hung on the banister with care!
What a bargain! Nice find-they are really cute.
What a steal! Way to go! PBK is over priced.
Post a Comment