Monday, November 12, 2007

I don't need a N.A.P.



When did kids get so smart? As a parent, you think you are being tricky. Jeff and I do everything possible to communicate "around" our children so they don't know what we are talking about. We spell things, we use code and we even speak Spanish. Unfortunately, kids get smarter. And it happens overnight. I swear! Jake is picking up on spelling (dang) and his Spanish is getting better! (UGH!) We are running out of options. But at least we still can speak "around" Juliana. WRONG AGAIN. The other day I said to Jeff, "We need to let Juliana take a N.A.P. then we can...) Fill in the blank as you will ;) To which she started her tantrum screaming, "I don't need a NAP, I don't need a N.A.P!) She's two.. Two. I thought I had a few more years.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Oh, that's funny. It reminds me of the Hooked on Phonics commercial where the mom tells the dad that they are going to get their son a D-O-G and he knows what they spelled.
That is the CUTEST picture. The hat, the boots, the stance and that award winning smile. What a doll!!!

Smiley Family said...

Haha! What a cute girl! Maybe you should try Pig Latin :)

Zachary said...

That is hilarious! What a cute little girl you have! My sister Monica and her husband Erik have started using a number code, using numbers in place of words. They are practicing now while Max is still young.

Nathan and Esther said...

How funny! The way I figure it, if you don't teach them how to read or spell then you can talk around them all the time! lol just kidding. Good luck with coming up with different ways! What a cute picture of your little girl!!

The Carter Family: said...

That is soooo funny! At least you know your kids are smart!

Gretch said...

HA! That is funny! Kids are way too smart for their own good. Maybe you guys could learn sign language? :-)

So are your girls super emotional? Mine are-and it is driving me crazy!! AHHHH!

Anonymous said...

all girls are suuuper emotional. Hehehe. Just kidding. Don't take me seriously. Easy does it.