Friday, November 30, 2007

Home for the Holiday's!

We just returned from a 10 day dream vacation to Cozumel, Mexico - our other "home." Jeff and I spent two years there making great friends and great memories. We were lucky to return. Our best friends, Ale and Poncho let us stay with them in their new home. They were the best hosts - although I am sure it was not easy with all of us and all of our gear. They only have a baby dog Samba - who is darling. They were kind enough to allow us to use their vehicles as well. We love you Ale and Poncho!
We even had a party with the old gang. They had hired a taco lady to fix tacos. They absolutley LOVED Scott - I guess it was becuase he ate 10 TACOS! Way to go Scott! We had a FABULOUS vacation with Scott, Karalee and Austin - I won't even apologize for all the photos. Every day we snorkeled, swam, ate Paradise bars (the best!), visited with friends and family, ate tacos, tortilla soup, helado and chicket. We could have spent a few more days in Cozumel- we actually ran out of time. We have the BEST friends in Cozumel. The best. Jeff commented that he felt more at home in Mexico than here in PG. I would have to agree. Those people are the most generous, kind, loving people we know. Gracias por todos!
The gang.
Scott eating his 10th taco. I believe he actually ate two more after that!
Our favorite snorkel spot. This is where Jen received a rather large jellyfish sting. Yep, it still hurts.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

Holy Cow! What an amazing fun vacation! I can only dream. What fun to go with your brother too!

Don't apologize for all the pics, I enjoyed every single one.

Glad you are home safe and sound. I will see you on Monday!

Kati said...

your pictures look so great! You are getting so good with your camera! It looks like you possibly got a new lens too???
Glad you are back!
Is Darren okay????
Kati

Smiley Family said...

WOW! Looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures also. I really regret that Brian and I never made it out to visit you when you lived there - would have been fun.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Looks like a fabulous vacation and you guys picked a perfect time to go! Oh what I would give to go on a 10 day vacation to Mexico right now.....

Zachary said...

Awesome pictures! It looks like you guys really had a great time!

The Carter Family: said...

That looked like so much fun! Sun and water and fabulous beaches, how much better could it get? Especially compared to all the snow and cold here! I'm glad you had a great time!

Rachel said...

Wow Jen, other than the family factor, I can't think of a single reason you would ever want to leave a place so lovely.