Wednesday, November 07, 2007

10 YEARS! Yep, 10 years!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JEFF!

Ten years. Sounds like a long time. I guess it is, but it still seems like yesterday that I met Jeff. I can still picture him:Je He was sitting in my kitchen eating a cupcake. No one was home - it seemed weird at the time that he was in my apartment without anyone there, but I am sure there was a reason for it. Several months later, we met haphazardly in the hall. I invited him to go skiing and we were together ever since. Now, 10 years later, we have three WONDERFUL children to add to this union. I could never imagine my life without him. I never, never wanted to marry so young, but when the right one comes along...

Jeff is the most easy-going person. He has great vision and can execute any project. I love the way he takes care of me. If I don't want to do a chore- I give it to him and trust he will accomplish it. One of my favorite things he says to me is, "don't spend any more time on that, I will take care of it!" And he always does.

He is such a wonderful father to our children. He lays in bed reading stories to them - longer than I would! When he is done, he makes up such exciting adventures and tales. The kids adore him and love his humor.

Jeff is a very spiritual person - but he won't tell you that. He is one of the few people I know that STILL reads their scriptures every morning after their mission. I wake up every morning, without fail to see the scriptures open on the table. He is a loyal person - performs his callings whole heartedly. He loves the LDS church, the Gospel and the Lord. For this, I am truly grateful.

Jeff is also an adventurous person. He loves vacation - as do I. He has taken me to several places: Mexico, Argentina, Grand Cayman Islands and all over the USA. His favorite thing to say is, "what do you remember most? The vacation or the new bathroom." (Which would explain why I am not getting a new bathroom! HA!)

Jeff has so many talents. One of my favorites is his ability to make any exotic drink with any available material! He would be an alcoholic, if he drank. He also speaks Spanish very well. He can adapt his Spanish to fit the culture - which I find amazing.

Here are some of my favorite things about Jeff:
*He NEVER leaves the house without kissing me goodbye.
*He tells me daily how pretty I am
*He complements me, my home, my cooking, etc.
*He just "takes care of it"
*He still makes funny jokes - and makes me laugh
*He calls me to tell me he is on his way home
*He NEVER complains about anything I do to anyone else
*He lifts me up around others
*He can fix A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

These are just a few things. He is amazing...absolutely amazing. And I love him.

For our 10 year anniversary, we are going low-key. Who wants to take a baby on a get-a-way? Not me. Besides, we spent our 9th in Argentina. And we leave for Mexico next week. Sooo...today we went to lunch and then we are going to COLOR ME MINE to create a 10 year momentum. Jeff, of course, doesn't know this. Otherwise he wouldn't go! In fact, he will probably roll his eyes, but go along with it because it is my year to plan it! He. He!

Happy Anniversary Jeff! I LOVE YOU!

10 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Ten years! Amazing-we didn't think that you would make it to five. I'm totally kidding-you guys make such a perfect couple. Congratulations!!! Go celebrate.

Smiley Family said...

Jeff is a great guy and you two are such a perfect pair! Congrats on ten years - with many, many more to come :)

Crazy Lifferths said...

I am so sorry I didn't call today...but Happy Anniversary!! I was kinda traveling today...does that count? I even told my sis yesterday that it was your ten year!! Love you guys so much. Viva Mexico!!

The Carter Family: said...

Wow! 10 years...that seems like FOREVER!!! But I'm sure it has been wonderful-especially with all the fun trips you have got to go on! Let the celebrations begin!

Mark Nott said...

You're making me feel old. I remember when you fed me lunch in high school and Jeff let me borrow his Cymbal from his drums - has it really been that long?
You guys are great - Congratulations.

Zachary said...

Has it seriously been 10 years? Wow. Jeff is a wonderful guy. You couldn't have found a more perfect match.

Nathan and Esther said...

Congratulations! I'm like mark, I remember your reception! crazy how time flies. You guys really do make a great couple, and it sounds like you are still so much in love...that is AWESOME!

Gretch said...

10 years!! That is amazing! Congratulation! Your tribute was great. Jeff is an awesome guy!

Kati said...

Happy Anniversary! Time sure flies! I remember you got married just a few months after me! Jeff really robbed the cradle! Everyone says he is great...and he is...but he sure lucked out to get you too! You two really are so perfect for each other!
Congrats!!!!!
Kati

rsheedy said...

Wow! Congratulations! Hunter and I just celebrated our first anniversary...lololol. It's cool that you guys have so much fun together. :)