Monday, April 02, 2007

Adalyn's Speedy Delivery






Say Hello to our newest addition! I went to the doctor on Thursday at 10 am where she checked me and found I was dilated to a 7! Not too big of a surprise because I was a 5 the week before! She suggested that I go to the hospital to deliver the baby. I said I didn't want to go to the hospital when I am not in labor to which she replies, "well, honey, you ARE in labor!" So I called Jeff and arranged for my brother to come and watch the other children and we went to the hospital (which, I might add, was SO MUCH NICER during the day than during the night!) Short story short, We arrived at the hospital, got checked in and hooked up. The nurses immediately found an irregular heart beat on the baby. They got nervous and called in a few specialists. at 2:30ish they broke my water. That's when the "real" labor began and quickly progressed. I delivered with an incredible Midwife who walked me through everything. I received medication at 3:05 and delivered baby Adalyn at 3:14. They quickly found a "true" knot in the baby's umbillical cord. It is a literal knot tied in the cord that could have devistating results. I was told countless times how lucky I was that the baby survived the birth because, apparently, most stillbirths are caused by a "true" knot. It was an incredible experience and I was humbled with how blessed I was to deliver a healthy baby girl. The doctors, however, found a small murmur in her heart and were concerned that they would have to take her to Primary Children's Hospital. After several tests, they concluded that she had an "innocent" heart murmur due to stress at birth and would continue to monitor her. Again, another tender mercy from the Lord - she woke up the next morning with absolutely no murmur. She has continued to be a small miracle baby since we found out we were expecting her. Obviously she has some work to do on earth! We love our new little girl!

1 comment:

Crazy Lifferths said...

We love Addy! She is such a cutie!