Friday, October 01, 2010

Princess Tea Party

You know what I love about raising girls? Everything is glamorous, beautiful and fluffy. So when the first annual "Princess Tea Party" was advertised, it was a no brainer. We were going. We had to. These beautiful princesses were more then excited for the big day. The hard part, however, was deciding what to wear. In a "packing frenzy" I had mistakenly packed their entire collection of dress up clothes. Kind of hard to imagine considering it was a LARGE box and very hard to missplace. Nonetheless, it happened. And now we have absolutely "nothing to wear." Tragic, I know.

The Princess Tea Party was scheduled for Saturday morning. We arrived at the gardens of the Art Museum. We were greated by princesses and usured to our table by charming princeses.

Then we visited several stations:
The finger nail station (which was PERFECT because Queen Jen forgot to paint a certain three-year-old's nail's.) Addy chose pink (surprise!) and Juliana chose purple (surprise. Really.)
Then we had our photo taken in the magical flowers (Juliana's is already lost...)

And then to story time, where a beautiful queen read us a story about Cinderella.
And finally, we made a special frame to go with our photo. However, by the time we got there, we ended up with a bunch of reject letters from the foamy packet. Ya Ya was upset, but Addy ended up with syrdishf. It worked for her!!!

Finally, we were able to sit and enjoy a lovely brunch of cream puffs, fruit and punch. Then each princess was escorted down the isle where she was introduced to the rest of us. We had to fill out a card that stated their age and things they like to do. Both girls were beaming (and photos were taken by a neighbor. Haven't seen those yet!)

Finally, each princess was given a nickel to make a wish in the wishing fountain.


It was such a fun morning spent with my girls! I am overwhelmed at their beauty (both inside and out) and kindness toward others. I had no idea being a mother to girls would be so much fun!





2 comments:

whitney said...

Ohhh, so sweet! I love the idea! My girls would be so all over that in a heartbeat!

Monica Lifferth said...

Your girls are beautiful. What a fun day for them. I'm actually going to blog about the mother and son stampede that Ben and I attended last week. There weren't any princesses or creme puffs but we shot a bow and arrow, BB gun, and roasted weiners. lol. Love the differences. :)