Friday, October 01, 2010

Colorado Weekend Trip

Cousin Zach asked us if we wanted to join him in Colorado at his uncle's cabin. We agreed months before the actual weekend. Most people bailed out. But not us! (Hey, vacation!) It's a long drive. But this is the "cabin" we stayed in.... Some cabin, huh?



Dining hall...
And kitchen. Fully stocked. Except for muffin tins. Geesh. How inconvenient!!
Oh, and a playhouse complete with a box of puppets.
And a prison wagon. This guy thinks of everything!
And a pond. FULLY stocked with fish. We spent hours and hours and hours fishing.
Jake caught many with a net (I lost count after 12 in one day.)
And several with a pole.

We caught fish...
After fish...


After. Yeah. I caught nothing. Which is why I don't like to fish. All that work and I get pond grass.

Which is why I would rather sit and read my book.. (while Papa fishes behind me. Just clarifying. This photo could suggest otherwise!)The girls needed baths nightly cause they smelled like fish.
We even had a fish fry one night! I have to say it was good - but I was still a little queesy from watching the boys gut and fillet the fish. I just can't handle that. Kind of gross.

Someone had even put a fish in the fountain in the front of the cabin. They spent hours trying to rescue it. They finally succeded using a volleyball net.
Then they rushed it down to the pond to release it to its friends. I'm sure that fish is happy now!

Uncle Bud has over 480 acres of property, including a pond in the upper portion of the property. And he lets his neighbor place their horses there. It was a beautiful sight!


The fall leaves were stunning this time of year. I think we planned the perfect time to come!

It was such a fun, relaxing weekend. I ate, read, slept, attempted to fish, hiked and paddled. It was over too soon and we are ready to go back to the beauty!
It was a fun time had by all!

7 comments:

Gretch said...

Isn't it just heavenly there! Glad you were able to experience it!

Zachary said...

Thanks for posting these pictures! It was so much fun!

Summer said...

What an amazing weekend. That cabin and property is to die for!

whitney said...

Oh my heck, how fabulous and wonderful and jealous-inducing! I am seriously so green with envy!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

I'll take some of that! What a perfect getaway trip. THAT's what a vacation should be!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Beautiful! Glad you clarified on the picture of Uncle Karl. Ha ha ha! Next time, count us in.

sandy.johnson said...

Wow! What fun adventures! Thanks for sharing!