We are super-stars! My Dad's company needed a family to participate in a PR shoot for a product called Umcka. Judging us by our good looks, they asked us if we were interested. Lucky for them, we are actors too! Jake was supposed to wear a calm color. I can not even describe the fight we had to get him to wear this shirt. He wanted to wear his transformers shirt. Yeah, right. This is going on national television! And I will NOT have my child promoting a motion picture! Anyway, not the outfit I would have chosen, but you pick your battles.
We arrived at Nature's Way where we went into hair and makeup. (See, I told you this was big!) Jake was mad he had to have makeup on. But then he couldn't even tell. His role was to go into a doctors office looking sick. This is where his acting skills took off! He told the camera man to get a close up as he "rocked back and forth." He was supposed to have a cold, not be dying of a stomach ulcer! It took us about 3 hours and they even fed us lunch. Well, I ate lunch, Jake ate a plate of pastries.
.jpg)
They weren't able to complete their filming that day. They arranged to use my parent's kitchen to film the rest of the shoot. My job was to give my girls Umcka. Into makeup we go...
The girls were enthralled! Then it was Adalyn's turn to be a princess...
And finally, the princess of all princess was thrilled to get her makeup done! (I absolutely love this photo!)
Adalyn was first. We went through about a quarter bottle of Umcka. She took it well each time. It was precious. After she finished filming, I put her into the den to watch a movie.
The girls were enthralled! Then it was Adalyn's turn to be a princess...Then it was Juliana's turn. She too went through a quarter bottle. Half way through filming Juliana, Adalyn wandered into the kitchen. Her face was flush and she looked sick. She came to me and said, "My tummy hurts Mama!"
I quickly said, (while the camera was rolling) "Did the Umcka make you sick?" The director said, "We certainly don't want THAT statement in there!" Luckily, no one had to pay to clean my carpets. She digested it just fine!
That shoot took us almost four hours. We ended it with my statements and testimony of the product (all true, by the way.) We loved every minute of this fun opportunity. When finished, it made me wish for a small moment that I had stuck with my dream of being a journalist - how much fun I would have had! But, then I remembered that I picked my course.
And I'm just as happy!

9 comments:
I always knew you'd be famous someday. I'm sure it started when we appeared on the Today's Show! LOL!
So what exactly is Umcka? And when can we see you being all famous? You all look just lovely!
yay! yay! for a new post!
I'm verrry impressed w/all your little actresses and actor. I feel your pain w/the outfit fights w/Jake. Heaven knows Ezra would've been fighting the same battle. That's great it was in your mom's house, that way the kids were comfortable and familiar w/their surroundings.
I agree w/Gretchen-what's Umcka and when can we see you?
What a fun experience. You have to post the commercial/infomercial?
Fun!! You're a Supa-Star!!! :) When you get a copy I want to see...
I too am wondering what umcka is? And, you definitely need to post the commercial-then I can say I know somebody who is famous!!!
Thanks for the update! I love reading your blog and seeing new pictures of your super-model children! They are so cute. Will we see you guys on TV any time soon for this commercial??
Well you are famous to me cause you were part of my “wedding proposal” video, so could I please have your autograph please?
I would love to see the commercial, is it rolling already?
I can now say that I remember you when you weren't famous!
Hey Jen, my email address is patshala05@gmail.com. It was great to see you and your beautiful family! Your children were so cute singing!
Post a Comment