Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Long Time, No Blog...AGAIN!

I hate how long it takes me to blog about my life. Time goes way too fast, if you ask me! This post should technically be three different posts - but I'm behind and don't have much time!

March brought Spring weather - sure it did; if you think snow and ice is spring weather! We finally had nice weather today. We did, however, go search for nice weather and found it at the annual Lifferth Family Ruby's Inn Retreat. Always a fun time!

We went hiking down Sunrise point into Tropic on Friday...then again on Saturday (same hike, different group.) I hate to admit this, but it was my very first actual hike (and entrance) into Bryce Canyon! It took me 11 years of attending the retreat to finally do it! (And I can't quite figure out WHY I never entered!!)

It was breath-taking...
Saturday was the first-annual (and hopefully yearly) softball game. We had such a great time! And boy, was I sore! All the kids started in the game, but most lost interest come two or three innings into the game. Not Jake - he played the entire time! And was pretty darn good.
The children always look forward to swimming - Adalyn was a little excited to hit the over-chlorinated pool!
Finally - we celebrated Adalyn's second birthday! Since she doesn't care about parties - and it was on Sunday, I planned a low-key celebration. We celebrated with lots and lots of balloons, cupcakes and yummy cake. She was so excited to open all of her gifts! I still can't believe she is two!!!

We bought her this darling scooter. She loves it so much, she insists on parking it in her bedroom each night!
Here's Adalyn dressed in her Spring Attire. She's potty trained now and won't wear clothes. She wanted to go play outside one of those frigid days - I said sure...just wear your coat and boots. Got it covered...

Lastly, April Fools. One of my FAVORITE days of the year!! I start thinking of pranks March 31, so they are never elaborate, just fun.


Jeff's alarm went off at 12:00 am...That wasn't me. I still haven't found the culprit. (Maybe it was an accident?? - Hard to say on this particular day!)

I started out the day pasting the shampoo to the shower floor with silicone. I apparently didn't do it right, because all Jeff noticed was a gob of white glue-like-substance. It didn't work like the Internet article said it would. But not to worry - I had more tricks up my sleeve.


I also plastic wrapped Jeff's truck. Little did I know it would be a blizzard that morning (Mother Nature's Joke on us!) Jeff was NOT happy with that little stunt. I tried to get a photo of "happy" Jeff unwrapping his truck, but I got too cold in my jammies and ran inside to warm up.

I thought that was a success - Jeff did not! (photo of the night before the big blizzard!)


Then I swapped all the cereal bags so you didn't get what you poured. I also put food coloring in their bowls so when the milk appeared, it was colored. Jake thought this was great!

Then he started tricks of his own...This totally ticked Juliana off. She came stomping out of the bathroom with her hands on her hips.
Juliana: "Jake! I tore your STUPID sign down!"

Jake: "WHY?!! The toilet is broken and you aren't supposed to use it!"

Juliana: "Well, it's NOT BROKEN NOW!!!"

He He....I love this day! Good times, Good times!

Next up: Juliana's birthday!

7 comments:

Crazy Lifferths said...

About dang time sister! Love the update. It sure doesn't look like you found nice weather the way you are all wearing long sleeves and hoodies at Bryce Canyon :) I am sad I missed the softball game, and the hike too, it looks beautiful. We always chose other hikes, why did we do that?! Love ya and can't wait to see you!

rsheedy said...

Those are some awesome pranks...it's great that you get into it. Your Bryce pics are pretty too. Fun times, I love it! :)

Monica Lifferth said...

I love your blogs! YOur family seriously cracks me up! I love how you guys just enjoy life. Can't wait for the next post!

Kaila said...

How could Adalyn possibly be two--and potty trained?

We were so sad to miss the Ruby's Inn retreat. Noah and I have never entered Bryce canyon because it costs money (pretty much anything is out for us if involves paying someone money). Looks beautiful.

Smiley Family said...

You've got her potty trained ALREADY?! WOW, I am impressed!

Loved all the pranks. You are such a great mom. I love how much you get into every holiday.

Gretch said...

How fun- I loved the pranks. Julianna cracks me up "I tore your stupid sign down" LOL It looks like Jake will fall after you in the love of pranks and Julianna is more like Jeff.

Adalyn is 2!! Crazy! I can't believe she is already potty trained! What a cutie!

Nathan and Esther said...

It was fun to spend time with all of you as well! I loved the pictures of bryce and well everything else.

I really liked what you did for April fool's day...how fun!