Last post was a three-fur.... Today's is a two-fur-one! Two blogs in a week? I must have NOTHING to do! Unfortunately, I have a lot to do, but I can't blog about one daughter and forget the other!! It just does not work like that. (At least in our family!)
First Up:
Annual Wright Family Easter Egg Hunt:


This has been a yearly event now for at least seven years. Jeff's mom fills hundreds of eggs and separates them into each age category. The fun part is she has a hunt for the adults. In years past, there has been a $100 prize. Due to the current economy, this years prize was $5. And the same person gets it every year. We won't name names...but it starts with an S and ends with a "
arah Jane." We vote to ban her from the adult Easter Egg Hunt, or at least let her hunt with a blindfold...

After the hunt, the children gather their "bunny money" they found in their eggs and exchange them for goods at the bunny store. They come home with all sorts of fun prizes, games and candy. The Bunny Manager isn't a stickler about prices either. You usually get what you want even if you don't have the correct amount. I'd be she isn't making much money on this little venture!! The kids LOVE it!

Grandpa Wright with his Granddaughters (minus one) - He's about as cooperative as the girls when it comes to smiling.

Next Up: General Conference. Yet another incredible weekend brought to us by inspired
leaders, Apostles and our Prophet. I learned a lot about Provident Living, temples and just being grateful for all that I have been blessed with. Of course, it's always great to listen to my
Aunt speak. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED her talk about Reverence and Love in Primary children.
I will be using some of her ideas in Primary. She's amazing. While watching her, I asked Jake, "Hey Jake, do you know this lady that is speaking?" Jake replied (after squinting at the television set) "Nope, I have never seen her before in my life." I told him to wait a bit and she if she becomes familiar. After her name popped up, Jake said, "
Lifferth! HEY!!! I know that lady!" Ha ha. Doubt it!
Here's
Adalyn enjoying the choir on Sunday Morning.

The children were so excited for Conference after our
FHE on Monday. Jeff "prepared" (
ie grabbed the Friend and picked a story) the lesson. He read
a story out of the Friend Magazine that told of a family who made a tent while they listened to conference much like the families in the Book of Mormon that pitched a tent to listen to King Benjamin speak. The family in the story watched all four session happily in a 3x4 space while quietly listening to Conference.
Our family wasn't like the family in the story. Fights quickly broke out over crayons and "Conference Packets." Tears were shed, words were yelled and parents tore the tent down swearing never to erect another tent until children could quietly watch Conference.

And Finally (I guess you DO get another Three-fur!)
JULIANA'S FOURTH BIRTHDAY!!!
Our little princess was more than thrilled to have a birthday. She's been talking about it for weeks now. She awoke to a "
life sized" birthday cake, signs, balloons and decorations!

We had a little Tinkerbell Birthday party in the morning for all of her little playgroup friends. We had a coloring contest, played pin the star on the wand, walked the plank and dug for
buried treasure.



I served a fairy lunch: flowered sandwiches, little ladybugs and carrots. The drink was punch with Sprite in a sugar-coated glass cup. The highlight of the party was when I poured "Pixie Dust" (Pop Rocks) into their glasses. I could have just done that for three hours and they would have thought it was a great party!



Mimi came to pick up Ya Ya after the party. She surprised her with a pedicure and manicure. Juliana LOVED getting her nails done like a real princess!


Finally, we ended the day eating
Chinese food, eating Tinkerbell cake and opening presents. All she wanted was a picnic basket(?) and a glass slipper (just one will do!) (I found the basket online and bought a pair of sparkled pink shoes, close enough, right?)
Happy Birthday Sweet Juliana! WE LOVE YOU!

And
ok, I liked this picture of
Adalyn, so I added it...
11 comments:
Awesome post! The party looks like so much fun; makes me wish I was a little girl again, lol.
You forgot to mention the 4 eligible bachelors that showed up to her birthday!
Wow-2 posts in a week. I am in awe!! Thanks for the updates.
At least you guys tried to involve your kids in watching conference. I didn't even bother. At their age, I'd rather just have them play in their play room so I can listen without interuption. I should be a better parent-hmmm, maybe next year?
Your daughters are sooo beautiful (Jake is pretty cute too) and I love that Juliana got to get a pedicure and manicure. What a cute idea!
I knew that Lifferth lady that spoke was related to you!!! I told Tyler that I would have to remember to ask you guys about her...I mean, how many Lifferths do you know??!!
Love you Jen...best mom eva! I want to be your little girl so I can have princess parties and yummy food too. Post away...all of us enjoy it..and hey, if you don't journal-then this is a perfect excuse to jot those memories down and not feel bad because it takes so darn long. :)
Great post! I think the "bunny money" is such a cute idea.
I also love the tent idea, even if it didn't go over to well. I read a bunch of ideas in the Ensign of how to get your kids to listen to conference, but I didn't do any of them! I entertained the idea for a couple days and then realized that unless it was animated, Ashlyn and Trent were not going to have anything to do with it. I did try having Ashlyn sit on my lap while the prophet spoke and tried to talk to her about him - that lasted all of three minutes tops!
Cute party! Love all the ideas, especially the pop rocks. And now I want to take Ashlyn to get a pedicure :)
Bunny money is awesome! What a great idea!
The Tinkerbell party looks like so much fun. Pop Rocks-I'll have to remember that for Paige's 5th. Cute pictures! And cute family!!
Happy Birthday Adalyn!!!!
Happy Birthday Juliana!!!!
Juliana is four? How did that happen? I really liked how she had a tinkerbell party! I have to admit that I was hoping that the 'lifesize' cake was real cake...oh well.
That's fun about the Easter egg. What a dedicated woman to fill so many eggs.
Looks like fun at the Wright Household!! So, about the adult egg hunt: I know the economy is down, but a 95% cut, that's a little harsh!! That was a blast last week, we need to do it more often... Have a fun vacaciones!
What a super fun birthday party! It makes me want to be a little girl again. Yaya looks so happy. I love birthdays and making the kiddo feel extra special! You did a great job.
You asked about the steering wheels in Scotland...yes, they are on the "wrong" side.
Fun times! We have an egg hunt at my mom's every year too. We've found money too. It kicks it up a notch. :) What fun! And wow, what a party. Looks like a royal blast. You are amazing! So do you have any over the top ideas for little...getting bigger... boys? HA! Sure miss you!
Amy
Post a Comment