My avid followers (ok, only TWO - Shout out to Scott and Summer!) have requested that I update this blog. I do so hesitantly because I am still unsure about how the amount of time I dedicate to this blog. I may or I may not quit blogging. I haven't decided. Which probably means I will continue...
January flew by. Zoom. Looks like February is following suit. Here is a list of things I accomplished this month:
1. Finished the children's beach room (pictures to follow)
2. Organized the food storage room. (Thanks to Jeff...I mostly watched.)
3. Was the keynote speaker for Young Women's Winter Camp (Certainly not my choice)
4. Spoke at a baptism. (What I get being married to the Ward Mission Leader)
5. Am speaking next Sunday..WHAT THE?? WHY ME? WHY NOT SOMEONE ELSE??
6. Got permanent makeup eyeliner. (Thank you Jeff!)
7. Packed up Scott and Karalee (Tear. Tear.)
8. Went to Las Vegas and won a couple dollars. (Wahoo!)
9. Finally burned Family Home Video DVD's.'
10. Celebrated Jake's 7th Birthday. (How is he SEVEN?)
Yeah, it's been a crazy, busy month. But I better get used to it because it doesn't look like things are changing any time soon.
We decided to move the kids to the basement because their little closet they were living in was overflowing. They decided on a beach room. We had a blast creating the palm trees and surfboard. Jeff is a little artist! Who knew? He's the artist behind the art. (Profound!) He also created a cute little surfboard mirror, not pictured. As I was putting the finishing touches on the surfboard, Juliana came in and looked around.
"Where is the beach?"
I started to point out the sand, the sun, the sky and the water. She looked at me all disgusted and said, "THAT is not the beach. THAT is the wall!" She's no dummy!
Anyway, back to the birthday party. We went to the Nicklecade in the afternoon. After that, we went to the Mayan restaurant. We had a great time, but I spent the entire day wondering where these seven years went.
Jeff got laser eye surgery this month. He was the first person who actually came close to death after laser eye surgery. Ok, he just thought he was dying. You also need to remember that his drama level is off the charts. He's doing much better.
This is a classic story: One night Addy was fussy. I brought her into my room and laid her on the floor. She literally cried EVERY half an hour. She cried, "Owie, owie, owie" ALL. NIGHT. LONG. I tried to hold her, rock her and give her tylenol. But she wouldn't stop. I assumed it was her ears. But she was fine the next morning. I took off her jammies to give her a bath and out popped an INK PEN! Poor girl had slept with an ink pen stuck between the back of her knee and foot. Everytime she moved, it would jab her. The funny thing is, she can communicate. I would have taken it out, had she said something. And had I thought, "hmm...I bet she has an ink pen stuck in her leg of her jammies." What a terrible mother I am!!
17 comments:
About dang time!
I would follow you down to the grave sister! I read your blog twice and sometimes three times a day.
You have to keep blogging...you always have the craziest stories!! I can't believe how adventurous your life is, lol. The bedroom is amazing, by the way; you did an awesome job. And I can't believe Jake is seven, either! Holy cow!
What an eventful month. I agree with Racheal, you MUST keep on keepin' on with the blogging. You do have the BEST stories.
You must be one heck of a speaker to be asked that many times in one month! Impressive.
The room looks super cute. What lucky kids you have.
Great post.
Pat has never been as crazy as you, with tattoos and gamblin'. But, he did try selling himself, but no one ever stopped for him. Next time, I will tell him to show a little more leg.
DO NOT give up blogging! I am always laughing out loud when I read your posts...they are too funny! Poor Addy-who woulda thought about an ink pen? But, it did make for a great story! And, the room turned out great-are you hiring your services out? Good luck w/ the next month, it sounds like you never stop going!!!
I seriously love your blog. I think you are a great writer and always make me laugh. Thanks for the update.
Three cheers to Jen for updating her blog... Hip hip Hooray, Hip Hip Horary, Hip Hip Hooray!!
Jen, see I told you everyone is waiting for you to update your blog. Keep on, Keeping on my sister!!
WONDER WOMAN! Don't stop blogging! We'll take the post whenever we can. So I have been totally thinking about the permanent eyeliner lately, I want to know all about it-how much and if it was painful, etc.
I bet you did an amazing job on all your speaking assignments-way to go. Maybe you should tell everyone that you have a tattoo and that you are a gambler, then maybe they would stop asking you to speak everywhere. LOL :-P
The room looks fabulous! They don't sleep in there? Sounds like our toy room-my girls don't ever play in there. All that work for what... :-)
Keep up the great job! You are AMAZING!
Oh yeah, do you really think that H looks just like a Lifferth baby???? She is IDENTICAL to Paige, so what does that say? She may actually have some of me in her..... ?
I agree with everyone else...you need to keep blogging! Way to go getting your food storage organized...and that beach room is really cute. You guys did an awesome job!
It is pretty obvious that you have plenty of Blog-followers. Jake is 7?? Holy Crap. Holy Crap.
Jeff: come to Indiana and paint my kids' room. Bring Jen and the kids too if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.
Okay Jen you are out voted you have to keep blogging even if it's only once a month. I can't believe Jake is seven, time goes by way to fast. Love all the updates, you make me laugh and you are amazing.
An angry mob WILL come after you if you stop blogging. Plus, you just updated your layout (& it is super cute), so you really can't stop blogging. PLUS, your posts make people happy, and I know you like making people happy.
Great post. Keep blogging.
You absolutely HAVE to keep blogging. You're stories always make me laugh for weeks! We'll take whatever you can give us.
So, you have perma-eyeliner now. That's so cool.
I hate when I'm the bazillionth commenter. What sounded original in my head always ends up sounding cliche.
Okay where to start; cute room, awesome food storage, crazy stories, cute kids, and oh yeah, I won't feel guilty about keeping your cash. ha ha
Post a Comment