We surprised our kids and told them of the vacation the morning we left. While we didn't quite get the "Wow - you are the greatest parents in the world" response, it was close. Sort of. Well, we were excited for our magical adventure!
We actually chose to leave Adalyn at home - she still need naps and has a tremendous fear of large, dressed up fictional characters. It was hard to leave her, but we made a good choice. She had more fun with her cousin anyway.
We were so excited to see the children's reactions to Disney World. They loved every minute of the adventure - and they were good sports too. We pretty much spent every waking minute at one of the parks.
Meeting the characters were their favorite thing to do. (If you haven't seen this movie - go. It's hysterical.) Dad had to work every day, but he was able to sneak off on Monday to come to Excot and Hollywood Studios.
Everything about this place is magical - even the $12 churros! Jeff kept looking for someplace to buy one. We finally found a spot on day #4. Jeff spied a child carrying one and criss-crossed the throngs of people to "ask" the child where he purchased one. The child parent's, seeing a full-grown adult racing toward their child, protectively grabbed the child and pointed to the nearest churro stand. Elated, Jeff ran to purchase a churro. I had no idea he loved them so much!
Jake only liked riding with Uncle Daren. This was Thunder Mountain Railroad. Looks like Jake is enjoying himself!
Juliana absolutely loved the Magic Carpet Ride.
Jake was chosen by Captain Jack Sparrow to be a part of his pirate crew. After much training, he passed! I do think, however, that enjoying Pirates of the Carribean is a requirement. Jake doesn't like that ride, so I doubt he joins the crew!
I had never been here during the Christmas season. The castle was breathtaking at night! Add fireworks, enchanting music and the smell of popcorn and you still can't capture the beauty of this castle.
Here is the castle in the daytime. Apparently, for a few thousand dollars, you can rent a room here. Also, they have a little Princess Boutique. For about $400, you can get a "princess make over" complete with Disney Princess Dress and hairdo. Yeah, neither of those were in my price range! But there were sure a lot of little princesses walking around. I was happy with my $12 Snow White dress. I thought she looked like a princess and it wasn't nearly as expensive!
Daren quickly sneaked a kiss from Minnie. Mickey wasn't too happy!
Her face is priceless.
Look how happy she is!
Showing Belle how well she can spin her dress.
Here we are sporting our cute Disney attire. Now, before you judge Jeff, Donald Duck himself left this cute shirt for Jeff one morning. (Disney characters left little presents every morning for the children. Their plan worked - they didn't ask for ONE thing in the entire park!) How could he NOT wear it?! We were in Disney World!! Truth be told, he fought me tooth and nails. He didn't want to wear it. Every time I saw him in this shirt, I laughed. At one point, he was wearing his backpack like the old 80's style. That bugs me. So I told him, "You look like a dork when you wear your backpack like that."
He turned to me and said, "You think I look like a dork with this backpack? What about THIS SHIRT!!"
What a good sport! Hmm, I haven't seen him wear this shirt since.
He. He. I still think it is funny.
Juliana was simply devastated that she wasn't big enough to go on most rides despite the fact that she is "growing bigger every day!" In fact, she was milla-centimeters short of the required height. One teenage boy was watching her cry after been told she couldn't go on something and he came up to us and said, why don't you stuff her shoes with something? So we did - we stuffed them with fruit snacks. And it worked!! She was tall enough!!
But after she went on Splash Mountain, she said she was done with the "tall"rides!
We had a wonderful time together! We ate plenty of popcorn, ate plenty of Mickey Nuggets, ride plenty of rides and no one got lost!
We had plenty of Disney magic to last us another, oh 5 years!
10 comments:
Wow, that looks like SO MUCH FUN! I finally went to Disney World a couple of years ago, and the only thing I could think of the whole time is how much fun my nieces and nephews would have. Your kids looked like they were having a blast; I absolutely love it!
How FUN!!! I am totally looking forward to going to at least Disneyland, but it won't be for a few years! Juliana's face was priceless when she got to see her princess idols!!
Sounds like a great trip! Tell Jeff Costco sells Churros for $1 and Sams Club sells them for .50 :)
The Donald Duck shirt makes me chuckle out loud.....
I loved all the princess pictures! Juliana looked like she was in absolute heaven! You had me laughing out loud w/the Donald Duck shirt story. Ahh, the things we make our husbands do.
ps-Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but what's the 80s backpack style?
Looked like a lot of fun! I wouldn't wear that shirt, I give Jeff points for wearing it all day! He is in Disneyworld, and what happens in Disneyworld, stays in Disneyworld.
HOW FUN!
We keep debating whether or not it's time for a Disney trip. Lily would love it, but Abby's a huge wuss. If we could just talk grandparents into coming with us. Hmmm. Maybe I'll ask your parents to come! :)
Are churros REALLY $12? That's criminal!
WOW!! You are the BEST Parents EVER!! What a FABULOUS vacation! Juliana going commando, Jeff wearing a Donald Duck shirt, $12 churros, what could be better than that! Truly a dream come true for your kids and you. What fun!
So interesting fact, I use to know the girl that worked as Cinderella at Disney world. That would be a fun job.
WOW what a fun trip, what a fun time a year to go. I have to say I love the tee shirts!!
Whoa Jen! I think it's about time to get blogging..I miss your fun posts! :)
Looks like such a great trip! I am definately thinking that I need to go there now with my kiddos!
Post a Comment