Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Go UTES!

Jeff and I were so darn lucky to score Utah v TCU tickets! I am the only Utah fan in the family. The only one. But I convinced Jeff to go to the game with me. Bless his heart, he cheered when appropriate, use the "We" term (as if he really roots for Red) and high-fived me when we scored. But his heart wasn't in it. After the fifth reference to "the other team" I kind of lost it. Enough of the blue talk - live in the moment, MY moment!

I am married to a good sport. Speaking of good sports - Jake made me a sign to take to the game (which caused him to miss the bus for the first time this year!) He's such a good boy, even though he is a BRAINWASHED Blue fan. Do you know what BYU stands for? Brainwashed Youth of Utah County. Yep. It does. My son (and my nephew) can prove that.



This picture was taken this week. This cute little confused daffodil fits right into the family - late, but worth the wait!

And finally, my cute little princess loves to sleep with her babies. She apparently lost one on the left side! I have the best family.

9 comments:

Staci said...

I am so with you on Utah!!! Go Utes... I've trained my babe to say that EVERYTIME she sees a football player... So cute... BUT I had to have a bow made that is half blue half red with a U on the red and a Y on the blue, just to keep the peace... If you want one I'll send it to you, it's adorable, perfect for the upcoming battle... I had to lock my blog, send me your email so I can add you... SpaceyStacey_07@yahoo.com
Staci Winterton

Craig Lifferth said...

Go Utah!!!!

Smiley Family said...

Brainwashed indeed! One more reason for you to move back to Salt Lake County:) GO UTES!!!

Also, you DO have a great family!

Rachel said...

Your house divided is a testament to the strength of your marriage, I think. If I ever cheered for Utah I'm pretty sure Alex would divorce me. Seriously. He would probably have an easier time forgiving adultery than cheering for Utah.

If Utah beats BYU, be sure to send him an email rubbing it in, ok? ;)

Zachary said...

Actually BYU stands for Best Youth Undertaking. You can't pick a better place for your children to attend.

Kaila said...

I wish I had some confused daffodils in my front yard. My garden is frightfully brown.

whitney said...

What a cute sign that jake made...even if he is brainwashed. Then again, a little brainwashing never hurt anyone, right?

Momma Mimi said...

Thanks for the awesome time at your house! Ive been trying to get in touch with you. I may have the wrong #. Anyway PLEASE call me ASAP!
Love, MImi

Chrissy said...

your little girl is adorable.