We spent the 4th of July camping in the Uintas. It was a nice, relaxing couple of days. We made a few crafts, rode four-wheelers and was almost trampled to death by a moose. Don't worry - got our heart rate up, but we survived.
Jake and Papa celebrating with our Uncle Sam Ice cream head. I thought sparklers were a nice touch.
Courtesy of Family Fun Magazine (again.)Jake and Papa celebrating with our Uncle Sam Ice cream head. I thought sparklers were a nice touch.
Beautiful wildflowers
Dad and I took a ride up the mountain one evening and came across this moose and her calf. I wasn't sure if I should turn around or keep going - so I played it safe. I, of course, didn't have my camera with me and missed the great shot. The next evening, Mom and I went for a drive (secretly hoping to see her again) and came across the same moose and calf. I got a little closer this time, took a couple of photos (of which she gave me her "best" shot) and then decided to continue my drive. (I did manage to forget my zoom lens. Of course.) The moose, however, thought otherwise and started running. Not exactly toward me, but, well, toward me. I whipped that baby into reverse and high tailed it out of there. Phew. Another close call with nature!

1 comment:
How cool! You're much more brave than I (but that was established long ago, ms. marine biology). Had I seen a mama moose, I doubt I would have tried searching her out a second time.
I'm totally jealous of your Uintah trip. It's so incredibly beautiful up there.
Post a Comment