Thursday, May 24, 2007

Grapes and other photos

Nothing like a grape to make you think...

There is a story behind this photo. Yesterday morning was extremely hectic. Both girls were screaming, Jake was making messes and I was rushing to make an appointment. I have a routine in the morning - get up, work out, eat breakfast then do the dishes. I had to skip the breakfast and the workout due to a messy diaper or two, six outfits (on Juliana, not me!) and a hungry baby. Time was quickly running out and I was getting worried I would be late to my appointment. I was starting to yell at the kids to hurry as I opened the dishwasher to load the dishes - then I opened the door and found this:It made me stop and laugh. Who has time to up grapes on EACH LITTLE PEG??? Only a five-year-old. I got to thinking about time. It goes way too fast. Before I know it, there won't be little surprises in my dishwasher, there will be no good morning hugs, kisses and wet diapers in my face. I need to slow down a little bit and remember exactly WHY I am doing what I do - raising three wonderful kids. I have the most amazing children that provide hours of entertainment (and a few minutes of frustration!) I am thankful to be a mother - and I am thankful for grapes in my dishwasher!


The rest of the photos are me playing "Portrait Studio." Nothing to write home about, but I have fun doing it.


3 comments:

ML said...

You have such a neat family; beautiful also. I love the story of the grapes. It brought tears to the eyes. The time really does fly along. Enjoy this wonderful time in your life (not that other times aren't good, but this time is extra-special). Love, Aunt ML

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the photo of jen and Adalyn with the window light. Where is that window? It's perfect for lighting. Could I have a print of that?! Well just wanted to say you are very talented in everything you do, especially the little things like being a great mom. love AUNt YA Ya

Anonymous said...

**I meant the photo of Jeff and Adalyn**